Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently looking for a 981 Boxster and I'm considering this one below. Is this wear pattern on the tire edge anything to be concerned with?

Thanks

Capture3.JPG

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks like my tires after a day at the track. I'd say its normal.

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Yep. Looks like some (DE) driving event with hard cornering. Nothing to be concerned - this is a sports car.

Reactions: Johneecatt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might want to ask the owner if they've ever been on track.
Hi All,

Its being sold by a dealer so there's no way to tell "where it's been". I was just wondering if the wear shows anything abnormal. I don't have much experience with pzeros ( or boxers) so I wasn't sure if that jagged area was a sign of tire or suspension problems. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its perfectly fine. Honestly its not even that bad...the camber wear on my tires gets lower than that when im having fun :D

P-zeros though...not a fan of that tire for track.

I wouldnt worry about a car thats been tracked if it was taken care of. I would definitely have the dealer pull over rev report just to be safe.

Reactions: mikeearly

·
Registered
689 Posts
Watch out for the inside shoulders of the front tires. The outsides can still look good while the cords are showing on the insides. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Watch out for the inside shoulders of the front tires. The outsides can still look good while the cords are showing on the insides. Don't ask me how I know.
Someone really likes their negative camber...

·
Registered
689 Posts
Surprising little negative camber taken out when aligned after tire replacement. And it was the PO that did it. ;)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You're going to want Michelin Pilot Super Sport anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts