Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used Performance Friction Brake Pad Set, Front and Rear, 06 Compound, 987S fitment - SOLD

Used Performance Friction Brake Pad Set, Front and Rear, 06 Compound, 987S fitment

This is a used set of Performance Friction Brake Pads, front and rear fitment for the 987S platform. I used these for two DE events at VIR (8 runs total), there is plenty of meat left on them. The pads were perfect for track use, but too loud for me on the street as they sound like a city bus when cold. They were installed on a 2006 Cayman S, but should fit all 987 S models (not sure about non-S). I believe the caliper/pad shape is different on the 981 and these will not fit.

From the Performace Friction website:

06 Compound
06 compound pads are very similar to PFC 01 for both bite and torque, within 4% of those values. Excellent release and control with very low wear. Very low abraded disc wear with a ?powdery type? transfer layer. 06 pads are an excellent alternative to other brands of endurance compounds but with much higher performance. Excellent for club racing type shapes as well in OE brake calipers where ABS is used.

06 Recommended Applications:
Endurance Sportscar and GT
NASCAR Short Track and Road Course Rear
NASCAR Speedway and Intermediate Rear
All Oval Track Race series Rear
SCCA Racing
Porsche/BMW Club Racing
Track Day and Driver Education events

List Date: 1/30/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Used Performance Friction Brake Pad Set, Front and Rear, 06 Compound, 987S fitment
--------------------------------------
SOLD

--------------------------------------

1 - 1 of 1 Posts