Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I frequent many Internet forums, including this one, and wondered about trying to use the forums to network in an effort to find a new job. Unprofessional, unwise, or...? I have not been out of work long at all, and have had two phone interviews so far, but want to use every avenue possible to land the best job I can.

Phil

·
Registered
490 Posts
I frequent many Internet forums, including this one, and wondered about trying to use the forums to network in an effort to find a new job. Unprofessional, unwise, or...? I have not been out of work long at all, and have had two phone interviews so far, but want to use every avenue possible to land the best job I can.

Phil
It would be less unprofessional if your experience was heavy in Manufacturing Cost Accounting, and you lived around Dallas...

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
I don't think it's a big deal unless you were posting all over this board about it.

I've been out of work since Sept., 2011. Anyone looking for a mid-level Cisco network engineer, 20 years of IT experience, in the NYC area??

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
As Pete said, I don't think it's unprofessional as long as you don't post everywhere about it, the off-topic forum is the right place, heck maybe we should even start a dedicated topic something like 'Members Helping Members Find Jobs' where we could network with each other. Many of us are subject to losing our jobs at a moments notice in this economy!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
95 Posts

Phil
What field, and what are you looking for? One of my best friends is a recruiter at Apple up your way.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Pete said, I don't think it's unprofessional as long as you don't post everywhere about it, the off-topic forum is the right place, heck maybe we should even start a dedicated topic something like 'Members Helping Members Find Jobs' where we could network with each other. Many of us are subject to losing our jobs at a moments notice in this economy!

Thoughts?
Frankly, I think having a section or topic on "Members Helping Members Find Jobs" is a really good idea. We may not know one other face to face, but I do think we get to know one another a bit here and it is human nature to try and help others out, especially when we have have a common interest such as Porsche cars.

Phil

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Try going here: US Job Search - Search - L-3 L-3 has companies scattered all over the country & Canada. When you get to the search page, scroll down and select "United States". Then you'll be able to select State, City, etc. There's over 2000 jobs in many disciplines listed country-wide.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts

Thoughts?
I think that would be an exellent idea.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I hang-out over at FerrariChat.com and they put together a section for guys hiring or looking, seems to be popular, and a neat idea for any car forum.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Call it kismet, I have been thinking of closing my company and starting anew. My first thought was, how could I use Planet-9 for a job offer? Hundreds if not thousands of successful Porsche owners, business owners corporate execs, doctors, lawyers. Maybe opportunity. It was a passing thought until I saw this thread.
Lets face it the country is in one of those cycles where there is a shift in the "stars", big changes in a great deal of peoples lives. Any form of networking where a person can ask about work can help provide and maintain the motivation to get up and knock on doors and find work.

Texas is booming now. May have to go back to the oilfield where I was raised originally.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What field, and what are you looking for? One of my best friends is a recruiter at Apple up your way.
Thanks for your note. I am in purchasing (procurement, supply chain, sourcing). I will send you a PM to explain more about me. Apple would be a fine place to work. A bit of a distance away, but worth it I think.

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts