Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any tips? Apple carplay apparently won't display the Waze app on the PCM screen. So have to mount the phone in view I suppose? I have T design's phone mount from my Boxster. Does it work in the 991.2? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
As a developer of iOS Apps, I know that you have to put support in your application for CarPlay. My guess is there would have to be an update for Waze to utilize CarPlay before we see a version. Would be cool, though.

·
Incurable Gearhead
900 Posts
Rumor has it that Google will eventually make this possible via an Android Auto app for iOS. I certainly hope so. OP, as is and for now, CarPlay only serves you Apple Maps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Check out the phone mount from Suncoast. I use just to the right of my display. Tried the left side but it didn't work for me.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have T design's phone mount from my Boxster. I am hoping to use it in my 991.2. I will not use the apple CarPlay even though I have an iPhone 7 plus. The USB in the glove compartment apparently does not enable CarPlay. Center mounting the phone, like in my Boxster, at the top of the PCM screen allows to run the cord to the USB in the glove compartment. I like Google maps and for music I can just use media or jukebox. CarPlay is too restrictive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 12 Box S...PCM finds my phone, but won't play my " I heart Radio" WTF? My 12 VW CC integrates fine, why won't a $75K Porsche? I've tried hooking up the USB in my console straight to the phone by usb cord, ..still no joy....HELP...I want to play music from my V10 Android in my Porsche!! All I can do is use the phone for calls integration. HELP

·
Registered
785 Posts
T-Designs mount out of my Boxster into my C4S.
Works perfectly!
USB cable from arm console hooked to iPhone, CarPlay auto starts, can use either Porsche PCM functions or CarPlay and WAZE on iPhone
WAZE is a Google product and Google and Apple will NEVER come to an agreement to allow WAZE use on CarPlay.-Richard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T-Designs mount out of my Boxster into my C4S.
Works perfectly!
USB cable from arm console hooked to iPhone, CarPlay auto starts, can use either Porsche PCM functions or CarPlay and WAZE on iPhone
WAZE is a Google product and Google and Apple will NEVER come to an agreement to allow WAZE use on CarPlay.-Richard
Thanks Richard. I figured as much. It is good to know that even with carplay, I can still use Waze displayed on my mounted iphone. I have T design's mount. It does render useless, the cupholder closer to the driver. I ordered the vent--mount Kenu airframe+ and will see which one is more convenient.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have tried everything and can't get my Android V10 to play on my bluetooth??? The phone connects the phone function fine, however no bluetooth to play my iheart radio. I have hooked up a USB cable, tried AUX connect, everything...it just won't freaking connect. 2012 Box S (don't like calling my car BS on here) lol...please help. I do have Sirrus radio so I'm OK, but would like to play iheart radio too. I have PCM and Infotainment package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts