Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning my road trip to BC in May and would like to know the condition of route 4 on VI. If that's a nice drive out to Tofino then I'll need to plan an extra day on the island rather then head over to Vancouver.

TIA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well worth the drive but it's been years since I've done it.

Used to run it on the bikes back in 1990. Cops would stop us at the start and tell us to be careful but have fun....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was on the road to Tofino last May. It isn't great (occasional potholes and broken pavement for the last section) but it is fun, traffic permitting.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The road condition isn't bad. Just remember to pay attention to the recommended speeds when you get to the *really* tight and narrow bits when you get to them (you'll know, trust me). Most signs the spees are conservative. In the sections I'm referring to... don't get cocky. It really is like a British/Japanese road in some parts...

I recommend you do it. I take that drive every 2 months for work, and I love it. Can't wait to have a 981 to do it on.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm one to take the side of caution especially on roads I am not familiar with. I like to explore but don't want the roads to be poorly surfaced and not enjoyable or be a detriment to the car. I ran into one in my last trip in Colorado. OK for normally soft suspension cars but a rattler for the CS.

Reactions: Spectre
1 - 5 of 5 Posts