Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not getting off to a good start on here, but for anyone that does care, my son and myself came back home at approx. 0100hrs to find that some low life maggot form had poured emulsion paint all over the red hood and the rear of my car, we tried washing it off with water, and it hopefully seems to have done the trick, as it must have been fairly recent, wont know until daylight, unsure about the soft top though, any tips on getting the residue off would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im not getting off to a good start on here, but for anyone that does care, my son and myself came back home at approx. 0100hrs to find that some low life maggot form had poured emulsion paint all over the red hood and the rear of my car, we tried washing it off with water, and it hopefully seems to have done the trick, as it must have been fairly recent, wont know until daylight, unsure about the soft top though, any tips on getting the residue off would be greatly appreciated.
I am sorry to hear that, hopefully the washing of the car was enough cleansing for the car's paint. If not maybe you want to try Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, apply a couple of times. If this works dont forget to reapply regular wax on the area you use the cleaner wax.

About the soft top I am not so sure, maybe wet it, apply soap with a clean sponge, wait a little bit for the soap to do its work and gently scrubs in the directions of the cloth threads. I am sure another forum member have lots of experience on this and will give you a better treatment. Hope all works well, and that scum who did this thing to your car gets some Karma in the near future.

So sorry, I wish you well and please let us know what helped and how things turn out.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Always sad to read about these sorts of incidents. :( About all you can do is remind yourself that objects that are designed to evoke passion will do so, to the extent their designer has succeeded. Nobody ever tries to steal or vandalize the most obscure paintings in the Louvre, they go after the Mona Lisa!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Like Vincent says, "What's more chicken-**** than ******* around with another man's vehicle?"

Not much. My last car was keyed. Deflating to work hard, buy something for yourself, and then have some loser try to take it away.
If there is still paint, my move would be to take it a professional detailer asap.

Reactions: Von Hanstein

·
Registered
358 Posts
buy something for yourself, and then have some loser try to take it away.
There are a LOT of losers like that out there, unfortunately. Parking a nice car in public is a vandalism case waiting to happen - it's just a matter of time until the wrong person passes by.

It happened to me 3 time so far. Actually, 4 times. The most recent one is kind of funny. I rented a car because I had to go to a few places where I didn't want to park any of my cars. I rent once in a while because of my bad experience with vandalism and other reasons. Anyway, my rental actually got vandalized... Someone thought it would be hilarious to step on the exhaust tips and bend the pipes.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
. . . What is wrong with these morons?
Jealousy . . .

. . . except perhaps here in Portland, where it's jealousy submerged under a layer of psychological damage parading as self righteous hatred of cars, which, as we all know, are the cause of all the world's problems. (Of course these vandals pretty much all have cars too, but what's a little hypocrisy amongst friends?)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
my advice:
1) have the car detailed. Hopefully it'll fix it.
2) wrap the car with Xpel, it's a MUST for every sports car.
3) install motion detectors and cameras or get a dog.

My guess he who did this can't be an adult. Must be young teenagers living very close. See if that rings a bell. And check if there are paint jobs carried out recently at their house.

I'm sorry... Keep us posted.

Reactions: 2015CS

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'll never understand this kind of thing, but it's something we all worry about. Guess I got off easy... the only vandalism I've experienced so far is when someone poured coffee all over the hood and windshield of my car while parked at work. Hope no permanent damage was done to your car.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
hopefully you washed off the top at the same time.... I would try lots of water and one of the fabric top cleaners -- like Ragtop or 303... and then recoat the top with either a Ragtop or 303 product. sorry you have to go through this..

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would file a report with the cops.Who ever did this is an animal who will repeat doing this .By getting him/her caught,you might save someone else from a similar heart break.Its hard to nab the culprit but ,it would be the right thing to do.I agree on the camera,at least a fake one might be deterrent.

I guess no garage at your place.Have you considered a proper cover for your car.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
My heart sank just reading the subject line. That is really a horrible life experience to have to suffer through this kind of nonsense. I'm sorry. The only thing I can offer is that you really need to figure out how to secure your vehicle from a future event. The turd lives near-by and he will do it again. I don't know what your parking situation is or what your options are but I would be very concerned about a repeat event that may end up being even worse if that is possible.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Unbelievable! Sorry man, I can only imagine what you are feeling. What is wrong with these morons?
In addition to other mentioned reasons, I think many of these morons are spurred on by having too much to drink. Too much booze makes many morons brave.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments guys, I was up most of the night with bucket after bucket of water, and it appears to be well saved, with only paint oozing out of the brake light housing, I will have to undo it to get underneath, is it the two bolts inside the boot? (UK Speak) what surprised me was the soft top seems clean from paint stain. As for a garage, I do have one, but its the same width as the car,lol built for a mini....

·
Registered
648 Posts
My guess he who did this can't be an adult. Must be young teenagers living very close. See if that rings a bell. And check if there are paint jobs carried out recently at their house.
This sounds like good advice, find out if there are neighborhood kids that would do this. Have you made any enemies lately? Jealous exes? Maybe think about moving to someplace with a garage.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm very happy to hear that your hard work appears to have saved it.:)
I'm very cross that you had to go to all that effort to fix what some **** did to your car in the first place.:(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts