Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Schadenfreude for all!

Before the story a question/reason for the post - where would you cut costs to install a front 235/35 19 inch Michelin PS4S tire? Would you go to discount tires, perhaps?

The frustrated person came in with a knife and punctured tires in 8 cars. Damaged my wheel and urinated on my car, I think this is why my story is special, no other car was pissed at. A girl next to me had 4 recently installed new Michelin tires flat. All side well punctures so not salvageable. I used the spare wheel that I had in the frunk. Porsche thought about every detail - all keys are in, compressor to inflate the spare tire, jack stand fitting like a puzzle into the frame, and finally a white, huge plastic bag to put the old wheel in.

It's Loyola University at Maywood Chicago, just like south side with the University of Chicago, another famous academic powerhouse, it's in the middle of a poor neighborhood. Life of the person that did it, in the midst of the pandemic, has to be absolutely miserable. I'm happy that mf didn't key the paint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That sucks. Hard to go wrong with Discount Tire in a pinch. Good thing you had the spare, and they only hit one of your tires.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
sorry to hear about the incident.... hope for a speedy recovery for your ride...

I've lost tyres to road hazards and debris before but nothing as scary as a weapon weilding nut...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the good words, I found a $290 deal on a mounted and balanced tire - front 235 Michelin PS4S. Lucky the other tire is almost new so I don't have to change both.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks. Worst I've had is some rando giving me the finger as I sat at a stop light, not literally pissing on my ride and cutting my tires. Glad you got it sorted and that they didn't go any further with the vandalism.

FWIW, we just got a Belle Tire in my town and I like them a lot more than the local Tire Barn. Used them for the girlfriend's car and they were great, though I haven't had the need to replace tires on my Cayman yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally I have my car in working order. Chicago police called me that they found one of the vandals - a local, black 14 yo, he confessed. Antisocial behavior like this is not a good prospect for this kids future. I never doubted that the western world is broken and you just don't see it from a bubble of everyday life, this pandemic only aggravates things.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Chicago police called me that they found one of the vandals - a local, black 14 yo, he confessed.
What has his race to do with it? Punks come in all shades.

Reactions: prihtvi

·
Registered
293 Posts
Speaking of vandalized cars. One of my PCA friends was on vacation when his drunk neighbor came by with a hammer and completely destroyed his 987 Boxster. The guy left blood everywhere, but the police didn't arrest him and my friend's insurance company declared it a total loss. At least he was able to upgrade to a 981 Boxster as replacement.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Speaking of vandalized cars. One of my PCA friends was on vacation when his drunk neighbor came by with a hammer and completely destroyed his 987 Boxster. The guy left blood everywhere, but the police didn't arrest him and my friend's insurance company declared it a total loss. At least he was able to upgrade to a 981 Boxster as replacement.

what the hell that's ridiculous, what is their reasoning for not arresting? I hope it didn't count against his insurance. Its stories like this that make me glad my car goes in the garage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
what the hell that's ridiculous, what is their reasoning for not arresting? I hope it didn't count against his insurance. Its stories like this that make me glad my car goes in the garage.
I don't know the exact reason, but there wasn't an eye witness and I guess not worth the insurance companies time to try and prosecute. This was in Baltimore City housing area where you park on the street. My friend was in Europe at the time and tried to get the police to do something, but they didn't have enough evidence without the guy turning himself in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Costco can get you those tires if you call them a few days ahead. I love that Costco runs $75 off sales on sets of all 4 tires every single month. The deals alternate between Bridgestone and Michelin in alternate months, so you have to plan accordingly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Finally I have my car in working order. Chicago police called me that they found one of the vandals - a local, black 14 yo, he confessed. Antisocial behavior like this is not a good prospect for this kids future. I never doubted that the western world is broken and you just don't see it from a bubble of everyday life, this pandemic only aggravates things.

View attachment 269453
Looking Nice!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@James III - that's craaazy. Nice that it turned out like this afterwards, but upgrading cars can be definitely more pleasant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a car that had a tire knifed at 10% used. Since I had got it from Discount Tires and paid for the damage coverage they replaced it at no cost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Get your best price from Tire Rack and then ask your local dealer to match it if you're in a hurry. Tire Kingdom did it for me.

Reactions: Boski

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,741 Posts
Tire Rack includes a Road Hazard warranty. If it happens again, they will give you the full tire price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts