Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a vanity plate for the 981 that should arrive in about a month and thought it might be fun to see what the clever souls out there have put on theirs. Or what clever souls out there wouldn't drive dead with a %*$(*&^ vanity plate. Pictures?

Len

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
Couldn't order mine until my plates came in so I had a registration card. (which was about 10 minutes ago)

Here's what's going on mine.

Kind of mild compared to some of my previous plates.

Mark

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Kind of mild compared to some of my previous plates.

Uhh.... one question, how did they (hilarious) ever pass the PC crew at the DMV??? I only ask because I recently read an article about people being turned down for plates (in VA).

And, what in good lord's name is that "Hello Kitty" thing just in front of your rear spoiler??? :hilarious: :taunt:

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
Uhh.... one question, how did they (hilarious) ever pass the PC crew at the DMV??? I only ask because I recently read an article about people being turned down for plates (in VA).

And, what in good lord's name is that "Hello Kitty" thing just in front of your rear spoiler??? :hilarious: :taunt:
For shame! Hello Kitty... puhlease...lol. It was a crash dummy mickey mouse head from Disney World.

The state initially turns down anything that they deem possibly a problem (poor taste, vulgar, etc, etc) If you send them a letter explaining why you want the plate, they give it to you.

This is mine, inspired by another P-9 member.....

:cheers:

I like it...

Mark

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am slow. Need some help decoding here :helpme:
oh to Be Stig !

And now our tame race car driver,
Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Watch BBC's Top Gear and you will understand. Plus, for a car enthusiast, it is by far the best show on TV with incredible cinematography and on location filming all over the world in some episodes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My original plates were PORSCHUH but the NY Metro PCA plates only allow 6 characters so I had to change to plates I previously had on another car.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
How can you NOT know the Stig and Top Gear (I mean the real one)??? :eek: Well, I guess it's not fair to put it like that...

Best car show on TV. Ever. Period. :D

Watch some of the older shows for LOL's. The american version? Shameful... so far.

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
My original plates were PORSCHUH but the NY Metro PCA plates only allow 6 characters so I had to change to plates I previously had on another car.
6 characters?? OMG, I get stuck trying to make 8 work. I can't imagine 6. We get all punctuation marks, spacers and alphanumeric choices.

Mark

·
Administrator
34,501 Posts
I'm considering a vanity plate for the 981 that should arrive in about a month and thought it might be fun to see what the clever souls out there have put on theirs. Or what clever souls out there wouldn't drive dead with a %*$(*&^ vanity plate. Pictures?

Len
You do realize there are at least 2 very large/long existing topic threads on this subject right? :) Search is your friend.... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
You do realize there are at least 2 very large/long existing topic threads on this subject right? :) Search is your friend.... :)

Are the other threads specific to the 981 owners and owners-to-be?

Rock Chalk!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a search, obviously way too perfunctory. On the other hand, the threads that already existed are pretty Cayman-centric. Can't hurt to have one in the 981 group too.

There are some clever souls here!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark -

Took me a while to get the new one, but it's great as are your others. The Bible Belt ain't what it used to be!

Len

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Googled Stig, yup bell ringing now, thanks guys. (man, tough crowd)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Couldn't order mine until my plates came in so I had a registration card. (which was about 10 minutes ago)

Here's what's going on mine.

Mark
Nice. I had a variation of this plate on my sportbike a number of years ago. Been thinking about it again for my CS but not sure I want to give the cops anymore incentive to pulling over my bright red sports car :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts