Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Haven't done a special licence plate yet. But I am thinking of getting somethink like either BOX 981S or just 981S (if not already taken). Yup, I am a geek :p

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
Nice. I had a variation of this plate on my sportbike a number of years ago. Been thinking about it again for my CS but not sure I want to give the cops anymore incentive to pulling over my bright red sports car :)

Thus the apology to the officer in advance. :hilarious:

Personally, I don't know why anyone would opt for an extra tax on anything.

Kind of ironic since you're driving a Porsche. Why spend the extra money on a Porsche when you could have bought a Kia instead.... You know why? Cause we want to!

That's a badass R56!

Thanks, 250HP/260TQ at the wheels. Was my DD and track slut (hit the wall at 120 at VIR in it) but kept it, fixed it but had to sell it to buy the Porsche.

Googled Stig, yup bell ringing now, thanks guys. (man, tough crowd)

You know we're messin' with ya....

Anyone done 'FAHRT' or 'MYFAHRT'? :D

The more pertinent question is why would anyone??

:D

Mark

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Nice. I had a variation of this plate on my sportbike a number of years ago. Been thinking about it again for my CS but not sure I want to give the cops anymore incentive to pulling over my bright red sports car :)
Exactly. Cops and sh*t heads at parking lots. Who can key your car for just being too rich - have somewhat insulting/arrogant license plate is not the smartest move, IMO. If I could afford not to care... only parked at golf clubs, and could afford repairs and tickets anyway - I'd go for it :)

So I usually come up with something neutral like BTRZN6 or THE Z(for my 350z), or cross my short name in Cyrillic with Star Wars - BOBA T. But for the last few years I just go for the shortest plates I can get, so my cars are VT 1, VT 2, and my wife's is NT - just initials.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought about the tag "No PASM". As a kind of dig to the nanny suspension. I like Type 981, and like trusevich, I try to choose innocuous tags that I can remember. I thought about 2Z77767... Which few if any folks would get. But that is the tag from the Lil' Bastard, 550 Spyder that belonged to James Dean. Since my car is already silver and red, it seemed like a bad idea.

My Lotus Elise tag was M111R. Not even Lotus guys got it... (the internal factory designation for the Elise project was M111, and my car was technically an Elise R some I added the R!)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Having just had to renew my plates I was considering a vanity plate but decided against it. My boss has one on his Mercedes and it's been keyed twice and had the tires slashed once.

Probably nothing to do with the plate, but I'm cautious.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Are the other threads specific to the 981 owners and owners-to-be?

Rock Chalk!
No, but you didn't say that in the title of your message or in your first post, and seeing plates like Fordgasm in this topic thread doesn't seem very 981 specific, besides other than having 981 in the vanity plate somewhere how would it ever be 981 specific????
:crazy:

Here's an oldy but a goody...

BLTZKRG = Blitzkrieg

·
Registered
493 Posts
Having just had to renew my plates I was considering a vanity plate but decided against it. My boss has one on his Mercedes and it's been keyed twice and had the tires slashed once.

Probably nothing to do with the plate, but I'm cautious.
Ouch. The punishment for keying a car out of spite should be removal of the hand the offender wipes their backside with. Sounds harsh, but that kind of vandalism in my book is intolerable and a few handless vandals would certainly discourage this continuing behavior.

If no one in the States bought more high tech, sport and luxury cars, developments that those companies make in safety, efficiency and engineering would never make it to lesser cars. So in a real sense, buying a Porsche benefits all drivers because everyone eventually gets the benefits of superior German engineering. Why these folks can't see it, I don't know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, but you didn't say that in the title of your message or in your first post, and seeing plates like Fordgasm in this topic thread doesn't seem very 981 specific, besides other than having 981 in the vanity plate somewhere how would it ever be 981 specific????

"Are the other threads specific to the 981 owners and owners-to-be"

I underscored the important part of my earlier message to emphasize it is about the owners and future owners of the 981 and their personal expressions, not about the 981 itself. Other similar threads may include expressions of Cayman owners for example but that is not the same as the expressions of these new owners of the 981. Also, I am not the OP but do find the thread interesting.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
"Are the other threads specific to the 981 owners and owners-to-be"

I underscored the important part of my earlier message to emphasize it is about the owners and future owners of the 981 and their personal expressions, not about the 981 itself. Other similar threads may include expressions of Cayman owners for example but that is not the same as the expressions of these new owners of the 981. Also, I am not the OP but do find the thread interesting.
So...... 996 vanity plate owners should have a separate thread from 997 vanity plate owners? What about 993? Yeah, they're clearly too old and need their own forum...

We're talking about vanity plates. In general. The only way this topic is "981 specific" is if there's "981", "2013Box", "NewBox", etc., on the plates themselves.

Agree with K-Man S.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Mine are on order....

AFT CG

Any airplane folks out there? :hilarious:
Excellent! As a recently retired Mooney driver I might pay you the sincerest form of flattery. It's available for a Pennsylvania plate. I suppose it would be more appropriate had I flown a tail dragger, too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ouch. The punishment for keying a car out of spite should be removal of the hand the offender wipes their backside with. Sounds harsh, but that kind of vandalism in my book is intolerable and a few handless vandals would certainly discourage this continuing behavior.
All those in favor, please signify by raising your wiping hand......and clean those fingernails!!!!

:hilarious:

·
PCA Member
1,951 Posts
So...... 996 vanity plate owners should have a separate thread from 997 vanity plate owners? What about 993? Yeah, they're clearly too old and need their own forum...

We're talking about vanity plates. In general. The only way this topic is "981 specific" is if there's "981", "2013Box", "NewBox", etc., on the plates themselves.

Agree with K-Man S.

I don't agree... I did a search and there are a few threads but they're anywhere from 2 to 5 years old.

Nonetheless, I was going to get Marknabx (Jack in a box reference) but didn't think people would get it.

Mark

·
Registered
441 Posts
Excellent! As a recently retired Mooney driver I might pay you the sincerest form of flattery. It's available for a Pennsylvania plate. I suppose it would be more appropriate had I flown a tail dragger, too.
That works! Mooney's are fast and agile (paticularly with an aft CG) :dance:

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
mine due to arrive in november

don't generally like vanity plates

but this may work for me

I am in CT, btw

RAZ.981 is my plan (my initials RAZ)

only obvious as a vanity plate to me a few others

will post pics - car and plates

dad488

·
Registered
16 Posts

Here's an oldy but a goody...

BLTZKRG = Blitzkrieg
I had exactly like this on my Cayenne.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My plates are just BJR. Had then all all my p-Cars.

Had a mate that had 6ULDV8 but he was kinda strange.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts