Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
With all due respect to every Porsche owner in this community.. They just aren't for me, we already look pretentious enough. Tesla owners are just as guilty with all of their electric variations. Just keep it simple.

Reactions: JohnnyQuest

·
Porschiste
1,444 Posts
I don't have a 981 so my opinion may not be valid.....however, the province I live in launched the availability of personalized plates this morning and I went with the same thing I had in WA and in AZ - In either of it's meanings, it's suitable for me - it is both the name of a French made missile and the french word for flying fish. Just as in my choice of automobile, I prefer something a little less obvious, a little more recherché....

Yes, I know my car was made in Germany....but I'm French.

IMG_4240.jpg
IMG_4241.jpg

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
I would go with.... NINE81 ....of course I’m a little biased.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
For Christmas my wife got me a "There Is No Substitute" plate frame. I feel a little pretentious with it but defer to what must be done. Forgive me. :)

Reactions: Closertotruth

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
With all due respect to every Porsche owner in this community.. They just aren't for me, we already look pretentious enough. Tesla owners are just as guilty with all of their electric variations. Just keep it simple.
I think you are only pretentious if you act like it. I get lots of compliments on my car AND my plate, but I talk to everyone! If you appear reserved and not friendly that’s when people think you’re pretentious or too good. Over friendly goes a long way. Especially protecting the car from jealousy damage. Kill them with kindness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think you are only pretentious if you act like it.....Kill them with kindness.
:dance: It's all good. Just no sock-less penny loafers with button down plaid shirts and a golf course cap over a balding head. That IS pretentious. :eek:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
:dance: It's all good. Just no sock-less penny loafers with button down plaid shirts and a golf course cap over a balding head. That IS pretentious. :eek:
No that’s just bad style! No offense to those who like to wear that.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It seems like anything clever in NJ was already taken. Rats.

Trying for the third time with this:

View attachment 201413

Due to privacy laws they won't tell if you if it's taken until you submit it. I should know in a few weeks, fingers crossed.
Right -- NJ can be a PITA. I purchased my 981 pre-owned and it was ordered with model delete on deck so I added with the plate for fun...

Attachments

Reactions: Jim137a

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hawks nest!
I love / hate Hawks Nest. Love the turns and love the sound of the flat 6 booming off the Mountain walls. Hate it because it’s not a 100 miles long.

Not sure if you’ve tried Storm King Highway. Lots of fun and most of the road is freshly paved. Tight twisty a little bumpy but challenging.

Attachments

Reactions: Audioi

·
Registered
109 Posts
I dunno....I find vanity plates pretty lame.
My father has a 2014 Corvette. He has the plate "Red C7"....really, I didn't know it was red or a Corvette.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
My father has a 2014 Corvette. He has the plate "Red C7"....really, I didn't know it was red or a Corvette.
I hate the ones that are dumb like that. I like them when they’re clever, like ahem! mine.

I saw one the other day on the back of a Volvo TC60 T6R that said.....TC60 T6R. So let me get this straight, you PAID EXTRA to put on a license plate what you PAID Volvo to put on the back of your vehicle?

Oh brother...but...to each they’re own, but I don’t think some people truly understand the idea.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hate the ones that are dumb like that. I like them when they’re clever, like ahem! mine.
Best one I saw was in Vermont about 15 years ago on a mini van:

PB4UGO

Awesome!!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts