Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 boxster s (manual) and I'm not sure if there is an actual problem, or if it is just perception, but...

Sometimes it feels as if the car is not running at full power, like it does not rev as cleanly or eagerly. It will feel flat, like it has lost some urge.

At first I thought maybe I just had a bad batch of petrol, but it is happening frequently (every few weeks) and it will be on and off during the same batch of petrol.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a faulty clutch delay switch is occassionally staying on for periods of a time, not just with the clutch engaged.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

BTW - feel free to put this in a more appropriate forum, i'm not sure how to do it.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My thoughts:
Could it be your perception?
How was the temp difference?
Full tank vs. not-so-full tank of gas?
PSM on kinda slippery roads, or when tires are not up to max grip?

·
Registered
831 Posts
You might want to have the dealer check for fault codes, it may not be a perception issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts:
Could it be your perception?
How was the temp difference?
Full tank vs. not-so-full tank of gas?
PSM on kinda slippery roads, or when tires are not up to max grip?
I don't believe it is perception, hence the post.
Steady temps - not stinking hot one day and nice and chilly the next.
Difference in fuel load - not a full tank one day then running on fumes the next.
PSM - no PSM.

As said, feels like it is being 'strangled', like it is coarser when revving out and therefore not as 'urgent' with its power delivery.

Will think about getting it checked out, its just a major PITA for me to get to them and leave the car with them.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm trying to think as to what would cause these symptoms, nothing really comes to mind. I'd think you have to take her to the dealer and see what they say.

Perhaps before that check the air filter and your oil?! Maybe the filter is so dusty that it affects air flow. And maybe the oil is running thin, hence the "coarseness" you describe!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Maybe the fuel filter? Also check the intake scoop for any trash. High alcohol fuels will eventually cause water accumulation and phase separation in the tank!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts