Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an exhaustive search without results I'm posting this question.

One of my vent lights is out. It's the backlight on the little dial that adjusts the amount of airflow. Is this an easy fix?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Sorry. I doubt anyone has an easy answer. It may be as simple as removing and replacing the vent. Then it could be a wiring fault or the controller or??? While it's a pure guess I'd think that something like that would be an LED. No bulb to burn out to give a simple and cheap solution.

You could try looking in PET. The Porsxhe parts catalog. There used to be a pdf copy in the site file section for the 997C. Probably still there. It would give you an idea if it was a bulb or not and maybe an idea how it goes together from the illustration.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Dobbler, I went through the parts catalog in an attempt to help, but the vent part is listed as one item (vent with switch) or module.
perhaps you can check the connection cable at the back first?

vent module.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dobbler, I went through the parts catalog in an attempt to help, but the vent part is listed as one item (vent with switch) or module.
perhaps you can check the connection cable at the back first?

View attachment 59870
Yeah, that's where I've started. That part is nearly $600 by the way (!!!!)

The vent light that is out is the right center, so I've pulled out the radio and am carefully exploring what wires I can see back there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've concluded, with mild certainty, that there is no connection to the vent and it probably left the factory without this wire connected. There is a location for a 2-wire connection, but no wire leading to the vent (unlike the left center vent).

And now that my frunk trunk actuator gremlin has returned, I'm abandoning this project and moving to remove the front bumper. Many swear words were uttered. I disconnected the wire to the left center vent so at least the vents look the same (the outer left and right vent lights are functioning).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts