Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My order is about to lock (yay!), and as I was double checking my options, I decided that I really quite liked the idea of ventilated seats.

As I looked on the configurator, I noticed that there was a discrepancy between the CS & CGTS premium package plus:
CS: Heated AND ventilated
CGTS: Heated

My sales guy thinks that this is because the GTS has alacantra seats by default, and those cant have butt cooling. I have elected to go full leather, and he thinks that ventilated seats pop back in magically in that case, just not displayed.

Does anyone with a GTS + Premium Package Plus have any info in this case?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
That's exactly right about the package not including it. Since you can't have ventilated seats with the Alcantara, they don't include it in the premium package. It's priced accordingly.

If you've chosen to go with leather, MAKE SURE you've picked the ventilated seats option separately and don't expect it to be in the package. It WILL NOT magically appear.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
And you are asking why despite the obvious price difference on the package on the different car models?

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
I hadn't picked up on the price difference - that would fit the logic totally. Doh!

Thank you Mr. amdeutsch!
My sales guy thinks that this is because the GTS has alacantra seats by default, and those cant have butt cooling. I have elected to go full leather, and he thinks that ventilated seats pop back in magically in that case, just not displayed.
NP. So much for the salesmonkey knowing what they are talking about. Better research and make sure you are getting what you think you are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's been really good -- best car purchasing experiences I've had. I've been pretty diligent about my research *pushes glasses back up his nose* making sure I've got all the things I want. Hence askin' here. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts