Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I?m looking to order a 718 Cayman and am considering ventilated seats to keep me cool. Two questions: 1) are they worth it and 2) can you operate them without the AC on? I assume the answer to both questions is ?yes?. I know this has been discussed before in general, but I wanted to ask specifically about the 718.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you live in a warm climate and you choose a dark interior you'll like them. One thing I didn't like about them on my last car is that on the highest setting the fan is pretty noisy. Loud enough to affect your enjoyment of the stereo, and the highest of the three settings is the only one that will actually cool your *** off, so you'll have it on the highest setting. I don't have them on my current car, though, and I honestly don't miss them.

Unless I forget how it worked, the seats aren't air conditioned- just ventilated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They are worth it in spades in warmer climates. The fan in the seats is very quiet -- @wanderingwheelz 's experience won't apply to the 718's version -- and they help quite a bit with eliminating the 'sweaty back' issue that non-ventilated seats have in a warm cabin. They also make you have to crank the A/C less -- both in terms of fan speed and length of time.

I'm actually looking forward to feeling how they enhance the heating in the seats when it gets cooler 'round these parts.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've heard good things about them, but didn't really notice any benefit when I've been in equipped cars. I didn't have them on my 981 and didn't order them on my 718.
You're in Florida though, not Pennsylvania. Here we swear by heated seats.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I find them to be very quiet even on high. They operate independently of the climate control. I chose leather over the Sport Tex to be able to get seat ventilation. 2 days on the track at Barber in cars both with ventilated and non-ventilated made me a believer.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
If I lived in FL I would order them, but here in CT they would only benefit me a few months a year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my '17 718 CS off the lot in May. It came with ventilated seats. I live in central California and have NEVER used the seat ventilation. This winter I think I will be using the heated seats. I have had that on some of my Audis and really liked it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have them in a 718. They are noisy in the highest setting where unfortunately they also are the most effective at cooling. That being said, at the second-highest setting they are fairly quiet and still do some cooling. Are they worth $700? Probably not but that's true of 90% of Porsche options. The only one that's a bargain is full leather. Note that the ventilated option also gets you seats filled with tiny holes for the venting. Some like the look (I do) but others don't.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live in the Bay Area, and have ventilated seats in my 718 CS. I *love* them. I frequently use them instead of AC, when it's not too hot but the sun is strong. And I have chalk seats, not black ones.

One of the options I'm most pleased with!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I tried them out on a 718 and couldn't hear a thing when they were on high. To be honest it wasn't as obvious they were on like heated seats are but it was noticeable once when the dealer told me he had turned them on. Being from Texas it's definitely an option I will be getting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have them on my 981 and use them almost all year round. They keep my back from getting sweaty which was an issue in the last car I had with leather seats and no ventilation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.