Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awaiting delivery and cannot wait. Sold my 986S a few years ago and dabbled in a few other fun cars but thrilled to be back in a Boxster.

I am am posting this not so much to convince others (or myself) that I got a great deal, but also to validate what many have said about the financial hit that is taken on options.

My car is incredibly optioned- $88,505 sticker when new. Here are the highlights:
  • Aqua Blue Metallic
  • Agate/Pebble Full Leather (after my 986, I promised myself that I would get full leather on my next Porsche)
  • 20" Carrera S wheels, painted platinum satin
  • Premium Package Plus
  • 18 way Sport Seats
  • SportDesign Steering Wheel
  • Seat Ventilation
  • Parking Sensors (front and rear)
  • PDK
  • PASM
  • PTV
  • PDLS
  • Power Steering Plus
  • Sport Chrono
  • Infotainment with Bose
  • CPO with 4+ years remaining
The good news for me is that I like all of the toys in a car but hate taking the depreciation hit.

Sale price, including upgrade to CPO- $57,500
Discount from original MSRP = 35%
Love the options, love the colors, love the price....now just waiting to get behind the wheel!!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That's awesome, I got about 35% but no CPO, mine did come with clear bra and tinted windows. Congrats, now show us some pictures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
My wife wont let me sell or trade in my 981. It has to be a family heirloom given to one of my boys when I am ready for a new car (and they are ready to handle it). I will never realize a depreciation hit on this car.

I'm glad you got a great deal. That is awesome and congrats!

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, it looks great, mine came with classics but I do like the satin carrera s wheels.
If I were to have ordered new, I would have gone with the Classics but I will admit that I now like these too. I have never been a fan of darker wheels but this satin finish is in the middle and I like it. Yours are very sharp though.

I looked at an Agate with Agate/Pebble S as well, and it had the Classics- and looked great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats! Love the color combo, especially Aqua Blue; although I'm biased.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Super nice and great options, with everything but PSE. You can upgrade the exhaust for a reasonable price if/when you want.

·
Registered
418 Posts
What site did you find it on?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What site did you find it on?
I think I found it on AutoTrader. Bought it directly from Porsche dealer in suburban Chicago.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats
Lovely car and greats spec but my OCD personality already sees the stains on that light interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats! :cheers:

Great looking combo with Aqua Blue Metallic and Platinum Satin wheels!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Reactions: MidEngine-Fan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:hilarious:

I actually thought carefully about that before doing the deal. In the end , I decided that a little trust...and a lot of CPO warranty...would go a long way.

Reactions: Wild Weasel
1 - 20 of 27 Posts