Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEARCH didn't help (although it's interesting when starting a new topic, P-9 suggests similar threads... just not this one)...

In recent weeks, I've noticed something. There's a faint vibration in the clutch pedal when depressed (the pedal, not me). It seems to be dependent on (a) distance the pedal is depressed (b) temperature, both ambient and whether the car is warmed up (warmer is better), (c) and RPM's, only noticeable is the rpm's are up, if at/near idle it's not there.

Anyone else experience this and , if so, what is it and was it dealt with? I did not experience this when I first picked up the car, 3 months and 2000 miles ago. Not feeling it through the throttle or brake pedals nor the seat nor steering wheel -- just the clutch pedal.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have 8,000 miles and no vibration. Doesn't sound right though you might wait a while and see if it goes away or gets worse.

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
Shouldn't be any vibrations. Even at 33K miles

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Think that, if I get caught up in the frunk-latch recall, taking it back to the dealer for that, consider a 2K-mile oil change, and ask them to look at the clutch.

My last two DD's are no longer my DD's solely because of vibrations. I'd hate to make it 3 for 3.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just took the car in for its first service and asked the dealer to check this. They felt it two, but felt it "normal" and even took a few other Porsches out for comparison and felt it there, too. So, they noted it in my service records in case it gets worse or leads to more significant problems. I think that's good enough for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts