Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

6 weeks ago I bought my first Porsche - a Cayman 2.9 FL, 12/2009, 37000 km. At the beginning everything was fine but now the car starts to generate some really annoying squeaks. I struggle to identify the source but I think it is behind the dash / the windshield sealing (Full width of the car). I took a video yesterday to better explain it:

http://youtu.be/2lXZneSaM6U

I made a very Important finding: when I wash the car the noise is completly (!) gone for about 5min. So I guess water is sinking in somewhere and lubricates the problematic area.

Has anyone experienced something similar and a potential solution for this rattle/squeak? Bringing the car to the Dealer would be my last option. So far I cleaned and lubricated the plastic cover below the wiper arms and fixed an air duct on passenger side that had become loose - without any success.

Best regards from Germany
Felix

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2008 Corvette. It turned out to be the fresh air door; like you if I washed the car the noise went away for a short time. How I found were the sound came from was one day I turned cabin recir on and viola sound went away! Hope it helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the hint - I'm just back from the Cay and tested it. Unfortunately no change. But good advice, haven't tried that at all before :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the hint - I'm just back from the Cay and tested it. Unfortunately no change. But good advice, haven't tried that at all before :)
After listening to your video using headphones it sure sounds like a leaf, or more likely, a piece of plastic is in your duct work.

Boy would that drive me crazy (not a long drive!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts