Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Second time running the new setup with harnesses and race seat, first time recording it. I ran this track a year or two ago- it's a fairly short 1.2 mile course or so. I've uploaded my entire session in this video. I started out in second position behind the GT350 and I believe I worked my way back through the entire grid, some cars more than once. It's fun passing everyone, but I will move up to the next (final) group going forward.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/xbIgNJm7tcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbIgNJm7tcA

Reactions: JCviggen

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Good job. Nice lines. Very smooth. You got into a nice rhythm.
Looks like you’re ready to jump to the next run group. There were several cars that should have given you a bit more of a fight, but your lines and rhythm blew them away. Also appears there are a few drivers that need more instruction based on the lines they took thru the corners.
What an eclectic collection of cars! I wasn’t sure if a few had accidently exited off the adjoining freeway and wondered onto the track.

Reactions: syzdanski

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice. You've got the X73 but there are a lot of other suspension mods that will make a huge difference in your lap times. You mentioned "Cobb Tuning," which I did to break the Porsche encryption, but I then had TPC re-map the ECU. Did you have your car re-mapped?

You've got some power mods that I envy! (All I've done is the ECU.)

I've also developed a bad habit that's a lesson for everybody: Once I got signed off as solo, all I wanted was to go solo. That's a mistake for a driver at any level. Always take a good instructor for at least one session. He'll fix something you're not doing perfectly, or show you pointers for going even faster. I bet my lap times would be almost a second lower if I had followed that advice.

Again, very nice.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. You've got the X73 but there are a lot of other suspension mods that will make a huge difference in your lap times. You mentioned "Cobb Tuning," which I did to break the Porsche encryption, but I then had TPC re-map the ECU. Did you have your car re-mapped?

You've got some power mods that I envy! (All I've done is the ECU.)

I've also developed a bad habit that's a lesson for everybody: Once I got signed off as solo, all I wanted was to go solo. That's a mistake for a driver at any level. Always take a good instructor for at least one session. He'll fix something you're not doing perfectly, or show you pointers for going even faster. I bet my lap times would be almost a second lower if I had followed that advice.

Again, very nice.
Thanks; my car has a custom tune by the Cobb guys- I asked if I would benefit any further by a "protune" and they said that is what they already provided me.

Right now, I don't have a passenger seat, so if it's a new track that I'm running with the PCA guys, I'll ask an instructor to do the "lead" and I "follow" routine. It's worked pretty well in the past when instructors are limited, with a post-session analysis chat over the track map. This is also another reason I want to move into the next run group- hoping to see what the next level guys are doing and how my technique compares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.