Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first time at mid ohio. I rained all weekend but we finally got some dry weather on Sunday morning. This is my second run in the dry. Still getting used to the car. I had one previous session at the glen in the dry before my PS packed it in. My driving is not the smoothest in the world as MO is very technical and I had a lot of built up frustration from another PS failure on Friday resulting in losing the whole day in Cleveland getting a new PS pump. I had a lot of fun in this run though. Sorry about the boring section in the middle with no cars to pass. I don't have any editing software for HD yet.

This is the combined Red & Black run groups. The car is running in low boost and the most conservative of three tuning programs

Mid Ohio TPC Turbo Cayman Red & Black Group on Vimeo

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Nice driving B!

It looked tough to get any rhythm going with all the traffic. Come run with us next year and we'll find some open track :)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Thanks for sharing that. I like that little shift light indicator, never seen anything like that on a P-car. What do you think you are, a Scuderia? ;)

WTF was that thing that passed you at 4:50? Looks like some LMP car!

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what the black sports racer was. It's ford V8 powered & wicked fast.

lot's of really cool cars in the run group. GT3RS's, chipped & modded TT's, gutted 911 with a tpc super charger ( the purple one with the 335's in the back)

I never look down at he dash except to scan the gages on the straights so I wanted a better way to shift than by ear. The shift lights are right in my line of site as I look down the track. I have some pics of the install & will write up an article.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very nice. Pretty cool when you can hang on a track that technical and in 20 minutes never once get passed except for what looks like a non street legal full fledged race car.

Consider cred earned!

I just cant imagine the costs involved to do something like that on a consistent basis. Tires, rims, power steering units, brakes, shocks, suspension components, accelerated service maintenance, etc. The wear and tear has to be 10-fold compared to the street. My hobby is just OWNING one of these cars. I cant afford to drive it like I stole it too! Can I assume if you fly off the track and pretzel the car, there's no insurance thats going to write you a check?

Nice driving.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks UD, actually I do it on the cheap compared to the GT3 guys, many that tow to the track. I love driving to the track, changing tires & showing the guys that towed in my tail lights! It's a very expensive hobby but the cars, comraderie and the rush of driving well on the track is too much fun to give up. It also removes any temptation to drive fast on the street. There's just no way you can come close to the performance envelope of the car on the street.

I do have insurance that I hope to never use! LOL

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Josh. The GT3RS was saved by the checkered flag! The car is fantastic. I'm going to do a detailed write up after my trip to the Glen next week

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very nice driving and nice lines - especially for the first time at Mid-Ohio. What a great track! You had a fair amount of 'clean track' time - was it at the end of the weekend?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You had a fair amount of 'clean track' time - was it at the end of the weekend?
Thanks for the complements, I know there is still a lot of room for improvement though.

It was a Sunday late morning session. It rained quite a bit all weekend and many folks left early. I missed all day friday with my PS pump and only drove 2 sessions on Saturday because the track is so slick in the wet. they combined red & black ( I drive in black)on sunday and I sat out the first session on the wet track.We had about 25 cars in the group. I started in the middle of the pack so once I passed those cars I had several clean laps until I caught the back of the field.

I don't really like running alone. It's much more fun to chase or be chased at close quarters. I did like the track very much. It's very interesting and next time out I'll spend more time finding visual markers, looking out further ahead, using more of the track, making smoother transitions and braking later.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Great video...Mid-Ohio looks like a really fun track. I bet you are happy to have the car back. Looks wicked fast...nice driving!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts