Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess Ill post some video's I just uploaded of my Cayman fitted with the TPC turbo :) Turn your volume up and you can hear the turbo woooosh when it kicks in..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your videos are great, quality is awesome, and your car is SPECTACULAR! I just filmed a quick video of my TPC Turbo Cayman with my iPhone. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not gonna sound that good because it was filmed on a phone, but we are listening on computer speakers, which screws the sound up anyway.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Question for Tischer Porsche, what does installing a Qaife LSD do to the CPO warranty of a 2006 Cayman S, 29K miles.?

SImilar question about a after market sport exhaust (Capristo, etc)?

I would assume adding a turbo would be beyond the warranty. Thanks. Ed

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
Your videos are great, quality is awesome, and your car is SPECTACULAR! I just filmed a quick video of my TPC Turbo Cayman with my iPhone. Yeah, yeah, I know it's not gonna sound that good because it was filmed on a phone, but we are listening on computer speakers, which screws the sound up anyway.
...yup, yup sounds familiar ... lovin' it....

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Young Cayman,
The sound is amazing and could be the best exhaust sound on a Cayman (sorry Capristo fans). I kept on listening to it over and over, saved on my Mac and Apple TV until I get mine :D

But I'd like to ask you the following:
1) I didn't notice the noise of the LWFW at the beginning of the clip! Why?
2) The popping sounds from the exhaust (I like to call them gunshots), are they normal? Or was that an indication of a problem as I don't hear that on stock 911 turbo, GT2 or GT3?

Harajuka,
There are no videos any more in your post :(

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
sound is fabulous, and I LOVE the stance! What size wheels and what type of suspension are you running?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Young Cayman,
The sound is amazing and could be the best exhaust sound on a Cayman (sorry Capristo fans). I kept on listening to it over and over, saved on my Mac and Apple TV until I get mine :D

Funny, I honest-to-gawd was thinking how much better it might sound if they built a double turbo around the banshee scream of a full Capristo dual exhaust system.
:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Funny, I honest-to-gawd was thinking how much better it might sound if they built a double turbo around the banshee scream of a full Capristo dual exhaust system.
:cheers:
I'd hate TPC for that and will never forgive them... because I won't be able to afford it :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Harajuka,

Your vids are very well done. Thank you for putting so much time into them, as additions like yours really put the frosting on the cake here on this already wonderful forum.

I'd hate TPC for that and will never forgive them... because I won't be able to afford it :(
Ya, a full Capristo with headers is around 6k to 7k. Add the little dual turboes and all the cooling and piping, etc, that goes into a good system like TPC already makes, and you'd be putting out some bucks. But you'd be driving what dreams are made of.........not that driving a Cayman is not that already.....and not that a single turbo is not hot.

I'm think'n TPC is presently doing some stealthy planning for a dual system. It's a natural next step IMO.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I'm think'n TPC is presently doing some stealthy planning for a dual system. It's a natural next step IMO.
Casey, if this is something that may see the light this year please tell me because I can wait... I hate to miss it.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
In no way does the Capristo sound better or louder than the TPC with catless race header ... check the vid in my sig.
Oh my God, what have you done !!! Why did you say that?!!

I truly like you Schwabe so much and I owe you a lot for helping me with my decision for the TPC Turbo, but on this forum what you said about the Capristo is considered blaspheme !!!

...I hear them coming!!!

RUN !!! :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't see an exhaust system for the Cayman on the TPC site- is this new, or something that is part of the turbo package? I notice that all the TPC cars seem to have a non-stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
In no way does the Capristo sound better or louder than the TPC with catless race header ... check the vid in my sig.
you aint kidding

1 - 20 of 21 Posts