Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a "visit workshop" c.e.l. on my 09 CS. Car runs great but took her in to have the light turned off.

The dealer said they cleared the c.e.l (said it was 02 sensor) maybe I had some bad fuel or the switch from winter blend to summer caused the light.

Well the car was fine for a few hundred miles but the "visit workshop" light returned....back to the dealer...this time they said I needed a new 02 sensor ...not in stock but should have in day or two....2 weeks later the part is on back order ....no e.t.a from service guy....said he will call me, all calls so far are from me.

Are 02 sensors for a 2009 CS somehow special or rare..?
They could not turn the light off on second visit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ive had 4 CELs in the last 5 months. Car runs fine on my 06 CS. But its getting to be annoying. After a while theyve cleared themselves but its now back on again. When I take it to the dealer for a scheduled appt to troubleshoot the light will likely go off by then. I want my O2 and/or Cats replaced before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...i guess i am not the only one. I have a Remus exhaust that will be delivered next week. I sure hope I know something by then. I am sure if I show up with the exhaust installed (with rear cats gone) they will blame the c.e.l on my new exhaust.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't know if this affects your car, but on some earlier models (including my '05) you could trigger the "system fault - visit workshop" message by polishing the headlight covers with a microfiber towel. Apparently the static electricity caused some cars' front control units to go on the fritz. I have this message on the screen right now and, since I have no other issues with the car, I expect the dealer to do a simple reset and not gouge me for some unwanted parts or labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.