Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back with the new Leather Deviated Stitched Visors, Leather Door Pulls with Carbon Fibre trim and Deviated Stitched Leather Column.:banana:

Pictures for your enjoyment below.

IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0813.JPG IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0814.JPG IMG_0816.JPG

Visors and Column by Exclusive Options.
Door Pulls by DBCarbon

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Just got the car back with the new Leather Deviated Stitched Visors, Leather Door Pulls with Carbon Fibre trim and Deviated Stitched Leather Column.:banana:

View attachment 53311 View attachment 53312 View attachment 53313 View attachment 53314 View attachment 53315 View attachment 53316

Door Pulls by DBCarbon

Brian,
Truly a beautiful LG 981B S - Liberace would indeed be proud.;) Congrates and any thing else (other than eng mods) possible?? :hilarious: Lime-Gold 2 went to bed about a month ago now. Today CPa is to get 4-6" of white sunshine and I do not YET have plow on Kubota:(. Tis the season for us and Scarborough for you.

Hope all is well with you and yours and my best.

Reactions: BJR

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Wow.

You be like "Boxster Bling".

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian,
Truly a beautiful LG 981B S - Liberace would indeed be proud.;) Congrates and any thing else (other than eng mods) possible?? :hilarious: Lime-Gold 2 went to bed about a month ago now. Today CPa is to get 4-6" of white sunshine and I do not YET have plow on Kubota:(. Tis the season for us and Scarborough for you.

Hope all is well with you and yours and my best.

Thanks mate,

Can't find anything else to replace inside or out. So I guess thats about it for the cosmetics. Still struggling to get more power from the 3.4. Time will tell and TPC should have their 500HP turbo available soon. :dance:

Yep its summer. Scarborough had a good run on the weekend. Forgot how much it cost to fill the damn fuel tanks though.:(

Spent the weekend below decks with the Airco on though, It was just too damn hot. Enjoy your white sunshine. :hilarious:

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
128 Posts

View attachment 53311 View attachment 53312 View attachment 53313 View attachment 53314 View attachment 53315 View attachment 53316

Door Pulls by DBCarbon

are you planning on swapping the wood for Carbon fiber to match the other parts? The deviated Stiching looks fantastic ;)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Looks like top-notch leather work.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Looks fantastic! I've talked to my dealer a couple of times about getting this trim piece (in chrome). Since it is standard on the GTS, I figured I'd just buy the GTS pulls. He quoted me $1,100 EACH! I said he must have typed an extra 0, but he said he didn't. So please tell me how you got that trim piece. Did you buy the whole pull or just the trim? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Looks fantastic! I've talked to my dealer a couple of times about getting this trim piece (in chrome). Since it is standard on the GTS, I figured I'd just buy the GTS pulls. He quoted me $1,100 EACH! I said he must have typed an extra 0, but he said he didn't. So please tell me how you got that trim piece. Did you buy the whole pull or just the trim? Thanks.
Holy S??? JQ. That is :crazy:.

Must be that $900 "surcharge" for said eventual Chromium (EPA) disposal. Either that or Sun Motors is looking to give out bigger bonus' this year.:hilarious: Enjoy the frozen precip.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Those visors look incredible. I like the steering column too. I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
It all looks amazing, Brian. Did you ever find a way to replace the silver plastic on the side of the seats?

Like LG, we are getting the white stuff here today, forecast for 7-15". My cars are all safely tucked away.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
My gosh man! Those pictures look incredible. I hope your car ends up in a Porsche Museum some day. It's a very unique gem.

Reactions: Mike R. and BJR

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had Daniel at DBCarbon order them from the factory for me. They cost me 1,380 Euro = $1,725 USD for the pair and then $640 USD for the Carbon and Shipping. So $2,365 USD total.

If you already have the Leather pulls the Carbon treatment is $380 plus postage. But I think I have a reasonable discount so I don't know list.

Those visors look incredible. I like the steering column too. I shouldn't have clicked on this thread...
The visors were $949 USD from Exclusive Options for the pair. It also includes leather on the Mirror flap and the card holder. It was a bargain.

The steering column was $414 and if no core exchange an additional $182. Another bargain. Cheaper than the basic non devoted factory column. (At least here in Oz.)

But it did take over a year to get these made. They had difficulty getting the Lime-Gold thread from the factory. The factory kept sending slightly different colours. It took the year to get the thread match to my car done. The factory is pretty slow for these kind of things, and the rare Lime-Gold adds even more delay.

The previous visors I got from a different company had a close but not close enough thread match and the quality of the stitching was not as good.

If you think you should not have clicked on this thread then defiantly do not go to this URL. :hilarious:

Exclusive Options Home Page

It all looks amazing, Brian. Did you ever find a way to replace the silver plastic on the side of the seats?

Like LG, we are getting the white stuff here today, forecast for 7-15". My cars are all safely tucked away.
I had forgotten about that :kiss:. Doh. I had a look at ordering the replacement parts from the factory in Lime-Gold from the leather backs option but I think it would look not quite right on the carbon seat backs.. Might try Agate Grey, (It took over 6 months for them to make the door pulls) and DBCarbon for them. The carbon would look best but I don't know about shipping Airbags through the mail. I will have to check.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I had Daniel at DBCarbon order them from the factory for me. They cost me 1,380 Euro = $1,725 USD for the pair and then $640 USD for the Carbon and Shipping. So $2,365 USD total.

If you already have the Leather pulls the Carbon treatment is $380 plus postage. But I think I have a reasonable discount so I don't know list.
The upgrades look excellent, Brian!! Very nicely done!!

For the door pulls, is the CF a cover they can send out or would I have to remove the door pulls and send them out to be done? Are these easily disassembled such that the silver parts can be removed? If I just wanted to paint them black, could I remove them and do it myself?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The upgrades look excellent, Brian!! Very nicely done!!

For the door pulls, is the CF a cover they can send out or would I have to remove the door pulls and send them out to be done? Are these easily disassembled such that the silver parts can be removed? If I just wanted to paint them black, could I remove them and do it myself?
The Silver can be removed. I don't know how difficult it is to remove though.

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Holy S??? JQ. That is :crazy:.

Must be that $900 "surcharge" for said eventual Chromium (EPA) disposal. Either that or Sun Motors is looking to give out bigger bonus' this year.:hilarious: Enjoy the frozen precip.

+1 on the Holy S???

·
Registered
798 Posts
Very unique car in every sense. Love the body color--never seen it in person. Don't see wood trim too often so that's also nice to appreciate in these pics. Its great to see such a customized and detailed interior.

I was surprised by one feature and that is the multifunctional wheel instead of the sports wheel. I am surprised because you seem to have one of the most tracked 981s. This maybe going out on a limb, but to me this leads me to believe (as in my experience) that in most cases the PDK is so good that maybe there is no reason to flip through gears (or simply you like using the buttons or stick shifter). Two other explanations could be that multifunctional use is inherently more convenient with all the controls on the wheel and that aesthetically it would look off with the aluminum and wood. Regardless of the explanation you seem to truly have a "one of" car and that's great! I also appreciate all of your vids and insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
He has paddle shifters on his multi-function wheel. :D

·
Registered
798 Posts
^you're not allowed to post until we see your car...but I should have figured he would have both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
You have excellent taste, BJR! And persistence. I salute you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts