Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Croc need Hp? VR has it with the simple stage 1 upgrade. This is a great set for the spirited street drivers as well as occassional track days.

VR Stage 1 Includes -

Softronic Racing Plenum

Larger Throttle Body

Durametric Flash Cable

Softronic Custom Tuned ECU Flash:

The Porsche 987's Boxster and Cayman platform is a great all around car for the street or track. Its mid engine provides great weight distribution for a well balanced vehicle. Vivid Racing's Stage 1 kit is designed to improve the vehicles power band from increased torque to stronger pull on the top end RPM range. In addition, you will notice quicker throttle response from the improved air flow and ECU changes.

Our Stage 1 kit consists of the Softronic ECU Flash inconjunction with their popular Softronic Racing Plenum. The plenum uses a larger throttle body to direct more air into the normal aspirated engine. With the specific tune that Softronic does for this plenum, you will gain a real and proven 25 wheel horsepower. With a 15% drivetrain loss, that takes your Cayman's power level up substantially. The Softronic Racing Plenum uses factory Porsche parts to guarantee you an OEM look, fit, and finish with no troubles or false claims. The Softronic ECU Flash is done via the OBDII port with the provided Durametric cable. The Durametric cable also allows you to clear trouble codes, data log your vehicle, and more, see Diagnostic Tool for Porsche | Durametric for more info. The process to do the ECU flash is about 30 minutes to download your existing file and then 30 minutes to upload the new Tuned file. The Softronic ECU Flash will alter your fuel and timing maps to provide you a overall improved driving characteristics. With Softronic, you can always reload your stock file if need be. See all the rave reviews on this product at Planet-9 Home.

For all you DIY this would be a great saturday morning project with great results the same day.​

Price at $1799.99

Call or Pm Duncan to place you orders​

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I have the following questions:

1) What would be the expected acceleration 0-100 km/hr?
2) Do you require the ECU to be replaced? Or just a software tuning?
3) How long it would take a professional mechanic to do the installations?
4) Since I already have FVD ECU Tuning, would your system work for me? If so, what would be the price in my case?

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Would this system work on a 2.7L?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
34,646 Posts
I know this thread is old, but this was done on a base cayman with the 2.7 engine, correct? thanks!
Given the lower numbers it looks like the base Cayman 2.7L engine. Please note that Vivid is no longer a sponsor and not likely to answer questions in this topic thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.