Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some of you Cayman owners measure and tell me the DC voltage present on the accessory outlet or the cigarette lighter plug (1) just after a cold start and the car is idling, (2) after the car warms up and is idling, and (3) while driving after the car is warmed up. I'm trying to help another Cayman owner with some possible voltage regulator issues. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the data. Anybody else?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
these readings 2 mins. ago......09 cay 5k miles last driven sun. 120 miles...todays voltage at lighter ,car off, about 30 degrees out. car is outside......DVOM 12.27....next reading car started and running at fast idle 1200 rpm...15.01...next reading car off fast idle 900 rpm and still cold..15.10...i didnt let the car warm up and check it

·
On Probation
582 Posts
to add....i drove the car for 20 mins. and i pulled over and checked .....15.01/ 15.08 at idle then checked at 2000 rpm...about the same readings....ALL these readings are with no lights on/no Drl/ a/c off ,heater on low

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the additional info. It appears that 15V is normal on the Cayman. This is higher than most other cars which tend to run 13.5-14V. There must be a reason for it, although I'm not sure what it is.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i agree...the higher than normal caught me off guard....i was/am not happy about my "sit for a few days voltage" either

1 - 7 of 7 Posts