Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this from CARFAX today... anybody know what it's all about? My VIN didn't come up on Porsche's recall finder with any open recalls:

Manufacturer Voluntary Service Action issued
#WF27 VOLUNTARY SERVICE ACTION - PERFORM PCM (WITH
XM RADIO) UP

Click here or call 1-800-PORSCHE to locate an authorized Porsche dealer near you.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this just in case anyone wants to chime in...

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
I will chime in but it is just a guess. I had my PCM software upgraded about 10 months ago or so. I asked for it. There was no recall. It was done and probably recorded somewhere. Could this be what you are seeing on your carfax?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I had it updated last Sept when I brought my 2013 BS.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is what I can tell you.

In the event of faulty transmission of XM data by the satellite radio operator, there is a possibility that significantly more data than usual will be sent at times.
As a result, the amount of data sent can no longer be processed by PCM and cyclical restarts of the PCM system can then occur continuously.

Action Required: Update PCM software in order to make the system more robust and resistant to faulty transmission of XM data and prevent malfunctions in the PCM system resulting from this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what I can tell you.

In the event of faulty transmission of XM data by the satellite radio operator, there is a possibility that significantly more data than usual will be sent at times.
As a result, the amount of data sent can no longer be processed by PCM and cyclical restarts of the PCM system can then occur continuously.

Action Required: Update PCM software in order to make the system more robust and resistant to faulty transmission of XM data and prevent malfunctions in the PCM system resulting from this.

Thanks for this... good to know, I did have a reboot once... I wonder if it had anything to do with it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts