Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VW diesel disaster can't be good for racing budgets.

Winterkorn is out today.

More heads will roll, budgets squeezed....

Who knows, maybe Piech will be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,086 Posts
It can't be good. I don't know how the corporate structure is setup within VAG and how much insulation PAG and Audi have from the mothership. It can't be good. Don't they all trade under one company stock - VAG? Funding for discretionary cool things like racing is almost certain to be impacted. I also saw the below comment in a news article this morning.

"The EPA has also announced that it is expanding its investigation to include the automaker’s 3.0-liter V6 diesel engine, which is used in various Audi models and the Porsche Cayenne."

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been through maybe 5 corporate crises in my engineering career. Fun stuff is the first thing to go. Look for suspension of LMP after this year from both Audi and Porsche. The rumored F1 push by Audi will be dead. They just reserved 1/2 of this year's profit; all diesels are frozen from sale, and owners are going to be really pissed off. California will make owners prove emissions are fixed before renewing plates. Porsche might even end up on the market. Toyota will reign! This is not good from any angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Piech just recently left, I think it unlikely that he is clean in all of this. VW will have to provide a fresh name in order to start to clean up their image IMO.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No Audi in F1.

Well not the diesels anyway. har har.

This could actually be serious. If somebody wanted to re-start the revolution in F1 and replace it with a saner series Audi or Porsche could be a good trump card pledging to join the new thing. I guess that's not gonna happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts