Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it necessary to wake up a 2014 CS following 10 days of not being started? Our 2007 CS would sleep following a week of not being used. In this case it was necessary to unlock the driver's door with the key and then use the fob to keep the alarm from sounding. Does the 2014 require the same procedure? I searched through the manual but couldn't locate a reference to this issue.

·
Vendor
707 Posts
Is it necessary to wake up a 2014 CS following 10 days of not being started? Our 2007 CS would sleep following a week of not being used. In this case it was necessary to unlock the driver's door with the key and then use the fob to keep the alarm from sounding. Does the 2014 require the same procedure? I searched through the manual but couldn't locate a reference to this issue.
I came back from a week long trip and the FOB would not unlock the 991 when we had it at the airport. I had to actually use the old school key in the door handle method with the valet key and was freaked out at first because I was too dumb to see the key hole underneath the driver's door handle. This is the only time this has ever happened to me and I know I've let cars sit longer without issue. The 1st reply suggest a bit of random nature to it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've gone more than a month without starting my Boxster, and there have never been any issues. Do you have any accessories charging while the car is inactive? I used to leave an old iPhone in my S2000 to use for music only, and that drew down the battery more quickly than I had expected.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've gone a month with out starting my 2015 and have had no issues. Just turn the key and go.
I think this is not about starting the car but unlocking it.

After a week of inactivity the 987 remote control shuts down to prevent battery drainage and it requires you to unlock the car with the key at the door lock.

This is from the 987.2 manual:
The remote-control standby function switches off after 7 days

If the vehicle is not started or unlocked with the remote control within 7 days, the remote control
standby function is switched off (to prevent discharging of the vehicle battery).

1. In this case, unlock the driver’s door with the key at the door lock.

Leave the door closed in order to prevent the alarm system from being triggered.

2. Press button 1 on the remote control.

The remote control is now activated again and the alarm system is switched off.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I think this is not about starting the car but unlocking it.

After a week of inactivity the 987 remote control shuts down to prevent battery drainage and it requires you to unlock the car with the key at the door lock.
Well, my car definitely does *not* do that. So I was wondering if the car might go into shut-down mode if it is triggered by a rapidly draining battery, like from an accessory...
:cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 981 has been in storage since the beginning of January. I just picked it up today-- didn't need to do anything. Started right up, just as usual.

It was on a battery tender, however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts