Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Motorsports, Coupe, Performance, Porsche

2010 Porsche GT3 RS - Click above for high-res image gallery

Porsche test pilot and all-around legend Walter Röhrl will be competing in next year's Nürburgring 24-Hour race for the first time in 17 years. His weapon of choice for the event: the 2010 Porsche GT3 RS. That's the rear-wheel drive one with the 450 horsepower 3.8-liter that runs up to 8,500 RPM. The one with the track-specific, lightweight lithium-ion battery and dynamic engine mounts. The one that did the Kessel Run 'Ring in 12 parsecs 7:33 in light traffic.

Röhrl says the street-legal production car is the closest thing to a race car he's ever driven, so he wants to find out what it can ultimately do from gun-to-flag. It probably won't hand comeuppance to the four-liter, $494,000 GT3 RSR, but with the same horsepower as the dedicated racer we figure Röhrl plans to keep it close.

Gallery: Frankfurt 2009: 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

[Source: Paul Tan]Walter Röhrl entering the Nürburgring 24 Hours in a bone stock Porsche GT3 RS originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Bone stock? Very cool!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I agree, this is very cool! Good for him and the car. Imagine the marketing it could get if it places well, which I'm sure it will. Also didn't know that the GT3 RSR costs $500k!!! Does anyone know where I could watch this race? Or view the race and see the complete car lineup in the race?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts