·
Registered
625 Posts
What kind of a tease is this???

·
Registered
30 Posts
News From GT Porsche: Boxster Spyder revealed
"On-sale from February 2010 the Boxster Spyder will cost £44,643 and you can expect similar treatment being dished out to the Cayman early next year, too."

For whatever that is worth...

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
and you can expect similar treatment being dished out to the Cayman early next year, too."
Given Porsche's history regarding such things, I would expect the Cayman to receive the treatment but not until at least one model year later.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Given Porsche's history regarding such things, I would expect the Cayman to receive the treatment but not until at least one model year later.
Yes I would not look for anything arriving next spring that is Cayman related, if so it would already have been announced or be showing up in the computers, etc. I think P-nut is right we are looking at a 2011 car at the earliest...

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
Hmmm, a Cayman convertible. Now that would be something!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I would argue that a stripped out Cayman will be available in March 10, following the same process as the RS-Spyder / Cayman Sport introduction.

The better questions for me is, will it be called the Cayman Clubsport?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Put a carbon hard top on the Spyder ala Carrera GT and be done with it...
Seriously, I can't wait to see the Cayman Club Sport.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And just what did Walter say exactly???
Mag: Do you prefer the new GT3RS or the new Turbo?
WR: If I need a car for everyday, I would always choose the Turbo. But if I need a car for fun I will take the GT3RS. For anybody who likes sportscars, it is always a question of weight, so for me a Cayman RS would be the right thing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The mexican blue turbo with the RS Spyder wheels and black stripe is WR's personal car I think in addition to his white GT3 (seems like mk2), Carrera GT and '94RS. Guess he is qualified to voice an opinion.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Hmmm...guess we won't see side curtains on the Cayman lightweight. But crank windows should save some weight. Used to be a pain with toll booths, but EZPass took care of that issue some time ago.

How bout a standard clear engine cover instead of the carpet and insulation?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts