1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I am new at 9planet.
I both a Boxster S 2008 Bose system with the normal CDR24
Is it possible to replace it with the PCM 2.1 .
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if you are interested, but I just took an almost new pcm2.1 with nav, cd, etc. out of my car to replace with another system. I am going to be listing it for sale shortly, but would make you a great deal if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
$4000 from Suncoast: PCM with Navigation Module:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW

Or about $1400-2000 on ebay for the head unit and the DVD box for the trunk. However if you get it on ebay you often still need to buy the mounting bracket for the DVD in the trunk and the MOST fiber optic wire to connect the 2.

I wouldn't pay anything over $1,000 as once you're up to that price, you should start considering putting an aftermarket system. As for $1600, I did my complete install: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...r-24-w-bose-kenwood-dnx6960-self-install.html
My parts:
Kenwood DNX6960 --- $800
JL Audio G6600 ------ $300
Boyo backup camera - $130
faceplate kit -ebay --- $275
wires, RCA, misc, etc. - $50+
Total approx: $1600
(add about $500+ and you can probably have a system like mine installed for about $2,100+-)

Which gives you a completely better system, better navigation, better display, USB / ipod control & input, video input, back up camera, bluetooth, better sound quality (6-channel amp), etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure if you are interested, but I just took an almost new pcm2.1 with nav, cd, etc. out of my car to replace with another system. I am going to be listing it for sale shortly, but would make you a great deal if you are interested.
If BOXS isn't interested, I might be. I'd need the part number to make sure it's compatible with my '08 Bose system. What price are you asking?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Would be keen to consider the unit if the others don't? Would it work with anon-Bose 2006 system?

·
Registered
148 Posts

hey i am def interested if you have it available and at a great price please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry, but have not had a chance to check the board for a couple of days. I do still have the unit. I will post the information tomorrow.

Jonathan

·
1,059 Posts
I did the conversion back in 07 for my 06 CS. Bought the PCM 2.1 from Suncoast for less than $3K, local Porsche dealer installed for around $600.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those who wanted the information, the main unit part is Model No. BE 6662. The DVD part for the Nav is Model No. BE 6647. Then there is the six disc changer, which I could not get the number for because it is screwed into the mounting piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts