Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warranty on my 2006 CS is expiring in one week. I am sending the car to the dealer tomorrow for a few small things. Being I am somewhat new to this car, I am asking if there is anything I should look at, or have checked before the warranty is out. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'd ask them to do a full check up on everything. Whatever that means in their language!

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
The warranty on my 2006 CS is expiring in one week. I am sending the car to the dealer tomorrow for a few small things. Being I am somewhat new to this car, I am asking if there is anything I should look at, or have checked before the warranty is out. Any input is appreciated.
Some extended warranty companies require you to pay for an inspection of your vehicle if your factory warranty has lapsed. If you join the Carbon Fiber Club you get a $300 discount on an extended warranty from Easy Care (which more than pays for the $49.95/year price for the club).

I just got quotes for my 2006 Cayman S ranging from between $2822 and $6751 depending upon coverage, term and deductible.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Make sure they search your VIN# for all the outstanding service bulletins that may be out on a 2006 car. Do a search on here for the terms "TSB" or recall.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Anything that’s wearing out for example. Knobs, the ring around the ignition and the light switch. They wear out and it is covered under the warranty. They just replaced my AC unit because the switches were warned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts