Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a warranty story to tell regarding my 2014 Cayenne diesel.* I bought this vehicle new in Dec 2013 and also bought an additional 2 yr/80K extended warranty to "kick in" after the 4 yr/80K new vehicle warranty expired.* Since I drive a lot time really isn't a factor for me, its always km.
At 120,000 km I had a serious engine oil leak, covered under the extended warranty.* Good for me.
When diesel-gate started PCNA offered extended warranties to all diesel owners.* Since I already had bought one, they gave me an "extended-extended" warranty of an additional 2 yr/40K, theoretically giving me 200,000 km of bumper-to-bumper warranty.* My second large oil leak, at the other end of the engine, occurred at 195,000 km and was covered by the additional warranty.* Good for me too.
This year Porsche changed the extended warranty (ie the equivalent of the CPO) from 2 yr/80K to 2 year unlimited.* Last week I went in for an oil change and discovered a transmission shaft seal oil leak.* When I went to pick it up today there was no charge.* PCNA unilaterally applied the 2 year unlimited warranty retroactively to the original extended warranty (for diesel owners only), which started at 80,000 in June of 2015 (when I had 80,000 km and the new vehicle warranty had expired), to June of 2017, at which time the second extended warranty for two additional years kicked in. I am now covered, unlimited km, bumper to bumper until June 2019.* At my rate of driving I will have 450,000 km in June 2019, all covered for the duration from December 2013, bumper to bumper.
You hear a lot of crap about Porsche, but I was impressed by this.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks for sharing the good news story. :) Too often we hear about somebody getting screwed, and not the cases where they go above and beyond.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts