Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, who's going to the auto show at the DC Convention Center this weekend? I plan to be there either late Friday or early Saturday (weather permitting of course).

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Maybe Casey/Tischer can hook us up with some tickets. :D

-Moto

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just checked the autoshow car manufacturer list and Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley and Lotus were not on the list of exhibitors. Does that mean that those cars are not going to be on display this year to drool over.

dave-t

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't see the list yet but my guess is if they aren't listed, they're not going to be there. Of course, aftermarket vendors might bring their own specialty cars.

-Moto

I just checked the autoshow car manufacturer list and Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley and Lotus were not on the list of exhibitors. Does that mean that those cars are not going to be on display this year to drool over.

dave-t

·
Registered
675 Posts
I went. Show was definitely smaller. Even Infiniti wasn't there.

There was a Ferrari, Bentley; Aston Martin; Maserati there in a roped off area. Even a Mazda LMP2 car.

But really a lot smaller than it used to be.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The entire industry is a lot smaller than it used to be.... plus that show does not have the same pizzaz as the others from Detroit or LA here in the USA.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Right now, I think they will be getting only those people who can come on the Metro (at least the underground section not closed due to the snow) and no one else. They are talking to 20 to 30 inches of snow, including the possibility of "thunder snow"!!! Going to a Porsche-less auto show to look at the replacement for the Chevy Cobalt is not high on my to-do list.

That said, I'm trying to keep the driveway as clean as possible the next day or so, since we have lower bowl tickets to the Caps-Penguins game on Sunday at noon (which is the NBC NHL game of the week). We might have to leave at 8 am to get there, but we're die-hards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts