Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealership. With all the rain we've been having lately here in SoCal, today I noticed that a fair amount of condensation in the passenger side headlight assembly, so I took it to the dealership to have it checked out.

Just got told by the mechanic that normally the headlight housings are vented and condensation/water buildup should not happen, but when they disassembled the housing they found a fair amount of water pooled in the assembly.

The good news? Theyre going to install a new passenger side headlight, and it only takes 5 minutes. The bad news is that they have to order the part from Germany, since this is the first 2009 model they've seen with this problem. The wait time? 4-6 weeks. Oh well, at least the light still works :)

Reactions: KL Cayman

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I can beat that time line. I had to have my passenger seat frame replaced in my 2006 and in the process my glove box was scratched. I have the two tone black / Stone gray leather. They have to make me a new glove box since nobody stocks one in the two tone. Several months if I am lucky.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Followup: I just got back from my dealership. The delivery of the new headlight assembly from Germany was a lot quicker than the 4-6 weeks they quoted me. The install took about 30 minutes and both headlights are fully functional again. What a relief.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts