Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power washed the car and noticed some soapy suds on the underside of the frunk and just inside around the seals -- a little water also just inside the doors. While it wasn't much, I hadn't noticed this in my previous 997.2 nor in my 987. Is it just me? Have others noticed this?

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Power washed the car and noticed some soapy suds on the underside of the frunk and just inside around the seals -- a little water also just inside the doors. While it wasn't much, I hadn't noticed this in my previous 997.2 nor in my 987. Is it just me? Have others noticed this?
I have not noticed. Are you sure it seeped in while you were washing or after you opened? Maybe it needs a bit of an adjustment...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dry the rubber seal and spread talcum powder on it...close trunk and spray all around...then you can find exactly where the water is seeping in...could be a low spot, defect in the seal, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts