Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I have never heard a challenge question yet on a logged-in user. Thank you for letting me know this.

- Cricket
To be clear, I wasn't asked a challenge question. It is one of the Account Settings. Apparently it gets validated when the Account Setting fields get saved. And the checking logic is case sensitive. Seems useless since I thought it was only used when I created my account almost 10 yrs ago.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I've only read the last page but seems like you shouldn't have to chose whether you want to see signatures on all post every time you sign in like auto stop. Just make it a choice that stays until you change it to something else.
I like seeing signatures since it lets you know something about the poster but also think it takes up a super amount of space. ex. the 4 pages here would probably be 10 pages with posts shown on each post.
Suggestion Adm. & Designer - have the signature show when you put the cursor over the poster's avatar. That would be best for me personally because then I could easily see it for that poster and get an idea of their background then I wouldn't to check it again until I forgot who they were (which for me probably wouldn't be that long) and it also would keep the length of posts shorter.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I see you can see the signature for that post when you click on "show full signature" and it only stays open until you until you change the page then it's collapsed until you open it again.
OK that works for me; not as fast or easy as my recommendation but probably a lot easier to program.

492 Posts
Exactly! I'm not worrying about ME not seeing my advertisement. I'm saying it's a huge hit on my advertisement when other people can not see it. And asking is it a special strategy by site owners to hurt sponsors? Not to mention other users who like signatures to show their cars/mods and want OTHER people to see it. Because it's, you know, a car forum...

I understand if it's a hiccup during upgrade and will be shortly fixed, but otherwise, I'll have to switch to another forum... the one that will show my advertisement. Can't believe I was here for 10 years, even before I got a Porsche.
We agree with you - we are not fans of this format and this is definitely a drawback.

-Mike

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I've only read the last page but seems like you shouldn't have to chose whether you want to see signatures on all post every time you sign in like auto stop. Just make it a choice that stays until you change it to something else.
I like seeing signatures since it lets you know something about the poster but also think it takes up a super amount of space. ex. the 4 pages here would probably be 10 pages with posts shown on each post.
Suggestion Adm. & Designer - have the signature show when you put the cursor over the poster's avatar. That would be best for me personally because then I could easily see it for that poster and get an idea of their background then I wouldn't to check it again until I forgot who they were (which for me probably wouldn't be that long) and it also would keep the length of posts shorter.
I see you can see the signature for that post when you click on "show full signature" and it only stays open until you until you change the page then it's collapsed until you open it again.
OK that works for me; not as fast or easy as my recommendation but probably a lot easier to program.
Hello guys,

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Please note that previous signatures were grandfathered in, so these changes won’t take effect until they update their signatures.

Jeff M

·
Registered
49 Posts
How to set the page to show more than 20 post? Used to be 80 posts max and we do not have to hit next so often.

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
RSchwerer makes a good point - i always thought sponsors were given ad banners? and to T-Design's point - I think his posts on his new products and updated designs do a lot than signatures.

hmm...maybe there's a way... to embed the "signature links" into the post vs. relying on default signature method?
What banners? The only banner I right now see is side banner that currently shows some "midol" medicine box on pink background, suspiciously looking like tampons... And Volvo. It surely looks like general google ads space. I haven't seen my banner in years even on old site. Any good banner was always requiring some unobtanium level of sponsoring, which I can't justify for my (very) small business. So I was solely relying on signature as my advertisement strategy. It worked great. Until this latest "improvement".

What a shame. As I really like the new modern design.

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
This is a bit more info on updating your signature. If you still have trouble, please send me a pm and I can see what I can do to help.
-Philip

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guest and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Please note that previous signatures were grandfathered in, so these changes won’t take
effect until they update their signatures.

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
You really don't understand that collapsed signatures are hurting vendors?

Is there an option to collapse all the google banners / ads on this site? Like Omni Resort ad I'm seeing right now? No. Everybody sees them IN FULL, ALWAYS. No need to click anything. Why are the vendors/sponsors punished? I'm talking to the rep and he just keep suggesting how I can switch on signatures for ME to see.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You really don't understand that collapsed signatures are hurting vendors?

Is there an option to collapse all the google banners / ads on this site? Like Omni Resort ad I'm seeing right now? No. Everybody sees them IN FULL, ALWAYS. No need to click anything. Why are the vendors/sponsors punished? I'm talking to the rep and he just keep suggesting how I can switch on signatures for ME to see.
All of those Google ads and others you are seeing is because the forum owners have sold that space for them to target you. In the past, many forums would block those ads for members when they are logged in and only show them to those that are just browsing the site, but times have changed and they are grabbing every bit of advertising revenue they can. Especially companies like the one that now owns this site site and a thousand others like it. They buy these sites as an investment and could care less about the actual content.

They are not enthusiast and have zero connection or knowledge with the topic of the site or its members like the original creating owners did. This is happening across many different forums and subjects these days as Facebook and the likes have become the new method of group communication and its hard to keep the lights on on traditional forums, so look for the next offer to be of some kind of "premium" payment plan for members that want the ads removed as this is becoming a popular option.

The content of those ads you see are "supposed" to be tailored to your browsing history like being anywhere else on the net, but at the end of the day they are just spam and there is nothing you can do on this site to stop them because they are ones that are providing the space for the targeted ads to be shown in the first place. There is no need to pay anyone to get rid of the ads even if the option is offered at some point. You can fix it in five minutes by simply downloading Adblock or UBlock Origin or one of the many other popular, free ad-blocking browser plugins and they will go away.

Unfortunately none of this helps with your sig issue, but at least may be of use for anyone wanted to get rid rid of those banner ads and ads masquerading in the middle of the discussion as legit post.

492 Posts
If vendors are paying for this forum and providing a service, how does it make sense to have their signature hidden by default which is usually full of information about the company and contact information? In that case maybe consider halving the vendor rates? Is the ad revenue more important than the vendors and user experience here now?

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hello guys,

If you have questions for your vendor rep about your packages please contact them directly or you can contact them here:

Jeff M

492 Posts
Hello guys,

If you have questions for your vendor rep about your packages please contact them directly or you can contact them here:

Jeff M
Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of our collective concerns flying over your head.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Soon to be followed by the sound of silence as members move on

·
Vendor
1,019 Posts
As about the first sponsor of what used to be the Cayman Club and then turned into Planet 9. I have voiced many concerns to my rep and have only found one item changed. Im not finding what my contract has been since 2007 in the features promised or what Im paying for. At this point I have to ask if it is worth being a sponsor any longer.
1.Why is the search on Softronic only showing 186 results when there are thousands?
2. Where is my permanent add on the front page? The banner is circulating so thats half way done.
3.Where is the Vendor listing as a whole for members to look at? Used to have sponsor level with info on the company etc
4.How can Softronic do front page news posts now as there isnt one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
It would be nice if we could do a left swipe - or right if you prefer - and get to the next thread. Make it user configurable to be either next thread or next unread thread.

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
As about the first sponsor of what used to be the Cayman Club and then turned into Planet 9. I have voiced many concerns to my rep and have only found one item changed. Im not finding what my contract has been since 2007 in the features promised or what Im paying for. At this point I have to ask if it is worth being a sponsor any longer.
1.Why is the search on Softronic only showing 186 results when there are thousands?
2. Where is my permanent add on the front page? The banner is circulating so thats half way done.
3.Where is the Vendor listing as a whole for members to look at? Used to have sponsor level with info on the company etc
Has your sales rep reached out to you to help answer anything? Search at the moment will show the 200 most relevant items. This is being worked on while we try to improve search and not effect the site speed.
-Philip

·
Vendor
1,019 Posts
Has your sales rep reached out to you to help answer anything? Search at the moment will show the 200 most relevant items. This is being worked on while we try to improve search and not effect the site speed.
-Philip
I have voiced all issues with my rep and she was on top of it.... So much I had to post as nothing has been explained or taken care of. I would like all post to be shown on a search and not just 200 random ones. I have many years and time on this site with its members and find it most unfortunate an update like this could ruin it all.

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
More - VerticalScope brochure explicitly promising the signature for all Vendors. Not "hidden signature" :(

My rep, Dwayne Arthurs , is not being much help...

61 - 80 of 107 Posts