Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I see links and when I click on them they go to the articles. Pictures might be messed up. Don't go through the links by entering them directly. Follow the web crawler though the archives like its any website, clicking on the original links.

1. Go to the way back machine Wayback Machine
  2. Enter Planet-9 Porsche Forum
  3. Click on the date you want, there are many like July 1, 2016 Planet-9 Porsche Forum
  4. Click on Articles Main Index - Articles
  5. As an example, click on service items Main Index - Articles
  6. Click on 981 Engine Air filter replacement 981 engine air filter replacement - Articles The article is there with pictures.
That's what I've been doing. For example, going to Articles / Cayman Articles / Cayman Performance Modifications, I get a list of articles which seem to open as expected. But the list of Cayman Performance Modifications articles goes for many pages (10 pages of articles show in my browser). First page works fine, but clicking Page 2 (at top or bottom) brings a screen saying:
And after about 5 seconds, you're back at Page 1. This is using Chrome on Win 10. So most of the articles aren't accessible this way. There might be another way to bring them up, but I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So will we ever get back a daily digest of new and updated threads for each forum subscribe to? That's the feature I miss most (because receiving a new thread alert email for each individual new thread is tiring.)

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
To me it seems like this whole thing would be better served as a wiki (which typically support comment threads now) instead of a forum (which is a pretty outdated form at this point).

Something to look into...
We are working on formatting this content and have no ETA on when it will be compiled, but this is planned.

Ive escalated the issue. IMO no content should be lost.
To my knowledge no content is lost, we just need to build it a good home.

So will we ever get back a daily digest of new and updated threads for each forum subscribe to? That's the feature I miss most (because receiving a new thread alert email for each individual new thread is tiring.)
Currently this is not in development as too many of these were reported by users as unwanted or spam in their inbox. What about this was favorable? Perhaps we can find a resolution to make as many as possible happy.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
270 Posts
Currently this is not in development as too many of these were reported by users as unwanted or spam in their inbox. What about this was favorable? Perhaps we can find a resolution to make as many as possible happy.

-Gerrit
It was favorable because I previously received one single email with ALL new threads and ALL updated threads for each forum that I subscribed to. Plus one email for all of the new posts made that day for any updated threads. That might be a total of 3 emails one day, or 10 the next. But the current platform generates fifty emails per day (one for each new thread, and one every time a subscribed thread has a new post). How is that better? That will fill up anybody's email inbox much quicker than the simple digest emails sent once per day. (If someone has a spam problem with the digest emails, they'd have the same spam problem with the immediate alerts too.) I'm not saying we should replace one for the other, but the old platform at least offered us a choice. As it stands, ever since the platform change, I'm spending (90%?) less time here and more time on other Porsche forums, but offering a daily digest email again would entice me to return more regularly. I don't even see many longtime members and "regulars" posting as much, so I know I'm not the only one who has been discouraged by the new format.

·
Administrator
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
It was favorable because I previously received one single email with ALL new threads and ALL updated threads for each forum that I subscribed to. Plus one email for all of the new posts made that day for any updated threads. That might be a total of 3 emails one day, or 10 the next. But the current platform generates fifty emails per day (one for each new thread, and one every time a subscribed thread has a new post). How is that better? That will fill up anybody's email inbox much quicker than the simple digest emails sent once per day. (If someone has a spam problem with the digest emails, they'd have the same spam problem with the immediate alerts too.) I'm not saying we should replace one for the other, but the old platform at least offered us a choice. As it stands, ever since the platform change, I'm spending (90%?) less time here and more time on other Porsche forums, but offering a daily digest email again would entice me to return more regularly. I don't even see many longtime members and "regulars" posting as much, so I know I'm not the only one who has been discouraged by the new format.
Hello,

You can set your preferences here for what you will receive email notices for if you believe there are too many emails currently coming in:
This includes an email option for "Receive news and update emails" I believe if you select this option you'll se the same subscription you may be used to

-Gerrit

101 - 106 of 106 Posts