Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Does anyone know of a bodyshop in the L.A. area who does good work for painting such spoiler? A couple of bodyshop I've used in the past does good work, but can't polish worth a damm, leaving a bunch of micro swirls on the freshly painted panels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would consider wrapping it in carbon fiber if I got one. Also, I like the $750 price point better.... still pretty darn expensive for an aesthetic piece though... I know that is out of your control Lemon

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
The boxster Spyder rear wing is $750.00 plus shipping..

not painted..

available in 3-4 weeks upon prepay..

thanks
Lemon
Lemon,

Any idea on shipping cost to 16801 in Central Pa? :thanks:

ALSO Lemon - Do you have any instructions for mounting the Spyder wing, ie, do you know if it is a direct bolt on to the the black
scissor elevator mechanism of the OEM wing for the B's? Does it fit all 981s - 2013 onward?

Just need to know such is directly compatible with no added mods for install.
:cheers:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Lemon,

Any idea on shipping cost to 16801 in Central Pa? :thanks:

ALSO Lemon - Do you have any instructions for mounting the Spyder wing, ie, do you know if it is a direct bolt on to the the black
scissor elevator mechanism of the OEM wing for the B's? Does it fit all 981s - 2013 onward?

Just need to know such is directly compatible with no added mods for install.
Hi,

I'm also interested in this Ducktail.
I have the same questions as the previous poster:

1. Do you have instructions for mounting the Ducktail wing?
2. Is it a direct bolt-on to the black elevator mechanism of the OEM wing for the Boxster?
3. Does the elevator mechanism have to be disabled? If so, can I do it myself or is it a visit to the dealer?

Thank you.
Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
VIP Auto Body on Pico painted a Cayman spoiler for me for just $50. I did mention that my repair/maintenance guys were their friends at Euro Spec Motoring across the street. If you'd like, I can send a pic of it next to the gray of the trunk lid.

Yelp Captcha

Does anyone know of a bodyshop in the L.A. area who does good work for painting such spoiler? A couple of bodyshop I've used in the past does good work, but can't polish worth a damm, leaving a bunch of micro swirls on the freshly painted panels.

·
Registered
642 Posts
kelesh: please post a pic of the paint job here. if you can, take a shot of your painted spoiler in full sunlight and another under fluorescent light.

thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi,

I'm also interested in this Ducktail.
I have the same questions as the previous poster:

1. Do you have instructions for mounting the Ducktail wing?
2. Is it a direct bolt-on to the black elevator mechanism of the OEM wing for the Boxster?
3. Does the elevator mechanism have to be disabled? If so, can I do it myself or is it a visit to the dealer?

Thank you.
Brian
Hi Lemon,
Has anyone has confirmed that the Boxster Spyder rear wing is a direct bolt-on replacement for the standard Boxster rear wing?

Thanks.

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
326 Posts
So I'm bumping this to see if anyone has retrofitted the 981 Boxster Spyder rear wing on their Boxster?
Need to know if it's - direct bolt on please.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
So I'm bumping this to see if anyone has retrofitted the 981 Boxster Spyder rear wing on their Boxster?
There are a number of us B owners who would like to know this answer.

Last I noted was that Schnell Autosports - aka Lemon - Schnell Autosports Home OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories had an order in through DE for a couple of Spyder wings but I have seen nothing posted as relates to such in a couple of months.

I am hoping that if he (or anyone else) can procure such wings they will answer with a tutorial (with many pics) the following most critical Qs. Is it a direct fit? Is up/down positioning retained? Is it a direct bolt on, or at worst doable with but minor mods to existing elevator and base. I DO NOT want to mod bumper or elevator mechanism just to get such a wing.

I am personally NOT interested if it does not behave like OEM B wing. I am again not interested in a $750 + shipping purchase without full confirmed DIY instructions

LEMON - Any update on the Spyder wing order??.

Reactions: barcuri

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
There are a number of us B owners who would like to know this answer.

Last I noted was that Schnell Autosports - aka Lemon - Schnell Autosports Home OEM, Genuine & Aftermarket Parts | Performance + Racing | Accessories had an order in through DE for a couple of Spyder wings but I have seen nothing posted as relates to such in a couple of months.

I am hoping that if he (or anyone else) can procure such wings they will answer with a tutorial (with many pics) the following most critical Qs. Is it a direct fit? Is up/down positioning retained? Is it a direct bolt on, or at worst doable with but minor mods to existing elevator and base. I DO NOT want to mod bumper or elevator mechanism just to get such a wing.

I am personally NOT interested if it does not behave like OEM B wing. I am again not interested in a $750 + shipping purchase without full confirmed DIY instructions

LEMON - Any update on the Spyder wing order??.

FOLLOW UP

I just posted a private Email to Schnell asking for some UPDATEs.

Reactions: barcuri

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Lemon, is the Spyder rear wing plug and play? I mean does it just fit on all other Boxsters with no alterations?
A question I have asked and others are awaiting answers to as well.

Hopefully once Lemon takes possession of one of the wings, he will do the necessary DIY investigation/install with pictures to answer all the Qs. Otherwise it will be buying one and someone else figuring it out - plug and play or not.

Many are awaiting before they will part with the $$$$.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I am interested in this also.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just 2 count them..2..in today from fatherland.. No US dealer has em...

first call first , first sent...looks a lot more freindlier than the duck tail..

lemon

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts