Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of our developers available over the next week or two to perform some work on the site, making modifications, fixing up code, etc. etc. and I wanted to ask for suggestions from our moderators and coordinators for things you'd like to see the developer(s) work on.

I currently have on the list:

1) RSS feed group so that members can de-select these forums and not have to see the RSS feed content in them. This is already partially done, but not completely done and implemented yet.

2) Site performance improvements - some code tweaks and enhancements to make the site perform faster. Some of this was done this weekend already (anyone notice? :hilarious: ) but more will be coming.

3) Upgrades to some site components - again some of these are done already, a couple of substantial ones still remain.

Please reply with any suggestions / recommendations that you have so I can get these on the official "to do" list.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Include articles and files in search results.
I love this suggestion and I would add to it blogs and gallery as well, in other words a completely unified search. Unfortunately since sections of the site like articles and classifieds and files etc. are add-ons to the vbulletin software they do not share the same data structures and would require custom coding in a rather substantial way to make a unified search work. I'll see if I can get an "estimate" from the developer as to how long something like that might take to develop from scratch and thus figure out a cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts