Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan back in prototype racing but with front-engine, front-wheel drive entry? What the heck Nissan? If they can hold their own against the mid-engine, all-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive titans from Audi, Porsche and Toyota, I'll have to re-think everything I thought I knew about motorsports.
You just don't get this kind of out of the box innovation in F1 anymore. Should be an exciting 2015 season!
Developing the Nissan GT-R LM NISMO

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I'm really looking forward to following WEC this year. Sadly... there's no real coverage here so it's mostly just reading news stories and maybe watching some leaderboards. :(

So.... Nissan...

Yes, the entire layout of the car is downright bizarre. You and me and everyone else are gonna be on the edge of our seats watching to see if it all works.

Don't be misled though. This is not a FWD car. The gas engine might power the front wheels, but there's massive amounts of electric power going to all 4 wheels.

Remember that they had a hand in working with, racing, and ultimately ripping off the whole Deltawing project, so these guys know how to think outside the box. I rather expect the weird layout to work just fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just stumbled on this. Download the WEC app to an ipad. Its a couple dollars, but for the coverage (both race day and otherwise) is awesome. I bought it last year and streamed all the races through my iPad to my TV. Worked like charm.

....and yes I'm looking forward to seeing this Nissan in action. From everything I've read / seen it probably won't do all that well outside of Le Mans. Its designed for that track. As for innovation - endurance racing is leading the way these days more than F1. The changeover was somewhere over the last decade, but its hard to say where. Regardless its really intriguing to watch.

·
Registered
903 Posts
FYI, the Porsche 919's have led EVERY pre-season test to date. They will do well, but I'm rooting for the Nissan.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Hi guys, I'm back. I've been gone for a while, had issues with my elderly parents (84/87), business started to get too busy, my son started middle school and life in general. I dialed things back a bit, so I've come back to my favorite place on the net....... I still own my '12 Cayman S, she just turned 40k on her ticker, the honeymoon continues......... Unfortunately WEC went pay TV, which is incredulous given that F1 is still free, I've pretty much gave up on American road racing after last season and Mazda's buying their way into a championship just killed it for me. I didn't really know where to post this so always mods place it where it should go! I missed you guys, often thought of Stan up in NH, freezing inside his gold moose assault vehicle, Bluespur I know you're up in NY you guys also had it rough, my wife and I took our son for the first time to see NYC, we got snow the first day we landed, about three weeks ago! All you guys are the best bunch of porsche owners! K-man, I'm glad to be back, last time I was digging into Porsche's legal case in Atlanta, I dont know how that panned out! So many new names here! And of course Porsche did the the right things by us! The GT4! About friggin' time Stuttgart! I'm glad to be back!

Reactions: Bodhii
1 - 5 of 5 Posts