619 Posts
Some Coverage in the US & the Internet:

radiolemans.com
DATE: Saturday, June 13

TIME: 8 a.m. Eastern Time

NETWORK: Radio Le Mans

Fox Sports (Eastern Time
):

- FOX Sports GO (Saturday, June 13 at 8:30 a.m. to Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m.)
- Saturday, June 13 (8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Saturday, June 13 (7 p.m. to 8 p.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Saturday, June 13 (11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)
- Sunday, June 14 (7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., FOX Sports 2)
- Sunday, June 14 (9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., FOX Sports 1)

Reactions: stratman

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

Did you get the message at the last second of video? Black stallion is scared by car?! What famous black stallion was defeated in LeMans by three Gt40s! Lol! Not too subtle Ford Marketing!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
From a design stand point, I can't get over the flying buttress/radiator/cooler pods. The GTs that ran in the Blancpain series never placed well, always seemed to be back markers. Ford better not get too cocky, as far as American muscle, Corvette racing and Vipers will be strong with proven success.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Did you get the message at the last second of video? Black stallion is scared by car?! What famous black stallion was defeated in LeMans by three Gt40s! Lol! Not too subtle Ford Marketing!
The BEST thing that can happen for Porsche is for the new GT40 to race in GTE-Pro. I am going to guess many race fans weren't even alive when Ford ruled Le Mans. They also might not know that Porsche was not a force until Ford left. Porsche needs something to come in and beat the 911RSRs into the ground so they will come out with a 960RSR.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Ferrari beat Porsche at Silverstone, Aston Martin beat Porsche at Spa in GTE Pro. Why do we need a Ford to enter the fray? Do you think Porsche rises to the challenge? There seems to be enough challenge already.
Not to argue against a new Porsche GTE race car, or something to make a Porsche competitive.
There is no longer a Porsche competing in the Blancpain GT series, when they were competitive a couple years ago. Not that a 911 should be competing against McLarens, AMG Mercs, BMWs, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Ferrari beat Porsche at Silverstone, Aston Martin beat Porsche at Spa in GTE Pro. Why do we need a Ford to enter the fray? Do you think Porsche rises to the challenge? There seems to be enough challenge already.
Not to argue against a new Porsche GTE race car, or something to make a Porsche competitive.
Its good for the sport to have Ford throw in. And perhaps it will kick Porsche into high gear, get out of the 911s, and into a new platform. The 911s time has come and gone.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The BEST thing that can happen for Porsche is for the new GT40 to race in GTE-Pro. I am going to guess many race fans weren't even alive when Ford ruled Le Mans. They also might not know that Porsche was not a force until Ford left.
Porsche needs something to come in and beat the 911RSRs into the ground so they will come out with a 960RSR.
I couldn't agree more! Porsche needs a swift kick in the butt to get over the 911 legacy, time for a new platform!

Reactions: Noobies

·
Noob
843 Posts
I dont think Porsche needs GT40. AM/C7/Ferrari is already beating them.

Reactions: Wild Weasel

·
Noob
843 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think it was a jab against Porsche, it was a jab against Ferrari.
GT40 was created as a rebuttal to Enzo showing Henry ford the middle finger when the ford-ferrari buyout didn't go through due to disagreement on open wheel racing or something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/08/automobiles/collectibles/the-gt40-born-of-fords-feud.html?_r=0

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,086 Posts
Reactions: ronaldvetteron

·
Noob
843 Posts
I am surprised that they waited so long considering the company's origin history and recent brand image.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I may be wrong, but I don't think it was a jab against Porsche, it was a jab against Ferrari.
GT40 was created as a rebuttal to Enzo showing Henry ford the middle finger when the ford-ferrari buyout didn't go through due to disagreement on open wheel racing or something.

There's only one famous black stallion, Cavallino! That's right it's Ferrari, not Porsche, the traditional rivalry has always been between Ferrari and Ford. Like Chow said, Porsche started to shine after Ford left. Porsche came into its own in the late 60s and 70s, 80s.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
One obvious observation, the 911 platform is sorely lacking compared to Corvette, Ferrari and Aston Martin. Porsche has got to do something.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
There's only one famous black stallion, Cavallino! That's right it's Ferrari, not Porsche, the traditional rivalry has always been between Ferrari and Ford. Like Chow said, Porsche started to shine after Ford left. Porsche came into its own in the late 60s and 70s, 80s.
And that is why Porsche should fear Ford. If history serves, Ford can throw a lot of weight into these races. They went to Le Mans for one specific reason, to beat Ferrari. Job done. Three wins in a row. OK, back to NASCAR. Don't sell them short in GTE.

Well I guess Corvette needs to worry because despite getting second in GTE-AM, IMO 911 days are done. Someone was running a 997RSR NM a 991RSR. What's with that?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'm my opinion, Porsche fans need the Ford GT, Porsche will have to be humiliated into discarding the 911 as the de facto proxy racing GT platform. Either go to a whole new platform (960) or develop the GT4 with its superior dynamics (something that marketing will likely protest), as it stands now, the 911 is a midfield or a back marker, Manthey Racing didn't look impressive at all. It's funny how Porsche talks about future tech and hybridization yet they run an antiquated platform. Oh well, we can hope and dream.

Reactions: Noobies

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
The always classy Dr.Ullrich went over to Porsche and congratulated them, he said they would be back next year, if they do come back next year so much for Audi in F1!

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Audi Tops Two-Day Nürburgring Test

The No. 9 Audi R18 was quickest with a 1:37.458 lap time,...
The No. 19 Porsche 919 Hybrid, was second quickest with a 1:37.685, while the Toyota TS040 Hybrid was more than two seconds behind. .... Porsche Team Manthey ended the test 1-2 in GTE-Pro, while the No. 88 Abu Dhabi Proton Competition Porsche 911 RSR was the quickest GTE-Am runner.

The Six Hours of Nürburgring, the next round of the FIA WEC, is set for Aug. 28-30.
Audi Tops Two-Day Nürburgring Test - Sportscar365

41 - 60 of 83 Posts