Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my boxster, I had the dealer set my locking system to auto-lock when moving 10 kph, and to open the door, i had to pull the door handle once to unlock the car (the windows stays up) then another pull to open the door. months after. something happened , the windows would go down at first pull and unlock the doors, second pull would open the door. I dont know what happened but I tried to to open the door panel to see what might be faulty. Whenever I would remove the door handle and pull the cable inside, it would work as normal, but when i put back the door handle and pull the cables, It would lower the windows at first pull. could the micro switch be faulty? or is it a program problem? this happened at passenger side first, and then it happened to the driver side after a week, if this is the micro switch, what are the odds that both would break just 1 week apart, this is a 2005 Boxster S

please post any comments or suggestion so i can diagnose further

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone got any answer to this? its been almost 2 years and couldnt figure out the solution. i changed the micro switch but still the same problem

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
If by windows go down on the first pull you mean the normal half inch and you're willing to listen to a guess I'd say it's a program thing. If the microswitch was bad it wouldn't open the window at all. First pull or second. I wasn't aware that it was possible to override the window opening slightly if the door was locked but don't see why you couldn't if the hardware and software would support it. No idea why it would revert unless it just got overwritten on subsequent service trips by techs unaware of special programming.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was working normally for a year when i got my car (used) it suddenly chaned without going to the dealer or any technician

Anyone have any idea if its possible to program like that? Anyone with durametric who can confirm this?

It is really annoying when you have to unlock the door via the door handles, You have to wait a sec for the windows to go back up before you can open the door and wait for second time windows go down again

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
olivertan, you should go back to the dealer who originally programmed it for you.

when I asked about doing something similar to my car (autolock/unlock) most indy and official dealers stated this was not possible on my car so I figured its not an officially supported function. I went through the list of PIWIS items with the tech as he showed me that there is no place to set up the option on his version.

Otherwise they can't be bothered to change it for us/too much hassle/you have to have certain PCM/PIWIS/Durametric version to support it.

alternately you may want to try something like this - check for compatibility first. seen it being used on other makes.
Universal OBD2 CAN BUS Smart Auto Door Lock Controller
plenty on eBay.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am planning to buy PIWIS II
that is what the dealer uses.

i dont understand how it could just change. we didnt do anything. and i find it hard to believe there is a setting where the window should go down at first pull when lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts