Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I started noticing these marks on my 981. They don't come off with standard cleaning, but it also don't seem to be scratches.

I've had the car for 6 months now, and it's mostly parked in the sun.

Anyone has any idea what these marks are and if there's any way to remove them other than a full detail?

Thanks!

- Yoav.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hard to see in the picture, but if they are under the clear-coat, not much you can do. Could be bug splatter or oxidized minerals for all I can tell in the picture though.

I had a car with similar on a door and it was determined to be paint scuffed and exposing the layer below. Luckily? that car was keyed and both sides were repainted so its no longer there.

Take it to a detailer to see what they think. If its easily removed, they'll put on a few tiny blobs and you'll be good to go. Otherwise, take it to a body shop to see what they think, but they'll probably just say 'we can give you a quote for a repaint'...wouldn't recommend that for a few tiny marks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer! Guess not option other than taking it to the detailer like you suggested or keying my car myself so I'll have an excuse to paint it :) :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
is the paint surface smooth when you run your fingers over it? Cover your fingers with a ziplock baggy and run it over the paint.

If you feel bumps, you can try a clay bar treatment. That'll pick up contaminants embedded in your paint that don't come off with a normal car wash.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Where are the marks at? Could it be dried sap? You can always try to get some tarminator and try to wipe them off. Otherwise, see a detailer about them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts