Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..

Sometimes when I forget the lights on and leave the car and try to lock it, it beeps twice to remind me that the lights are on.

Today, I got out of the car, lights were off, tried to lock it, it locks for a split second and then unlocks again and beeps twice at me.

All the doors, lights, trunks are closed, it just keeps beeping at me and I have to lock it manually.

Any ideas?

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
I agree that your glove box was ajar. I think that is in the manual among other beeps and warnings. Leaving your lights on and depending on the car to warn you is a no-no. It is all part of the responsibility of driving. Like familiarizing yourself with the OM.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just came back from the dealer, the passenger side lock assembly unit is malfunctioning and will be replaced under warranty. Now, someone please explain to me how the hell does that happen?

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Just came back from the dealer, the passenger side lock assembly unit is malfunctioning and will be replaced under warranty. Now, someone please explain to me how the hell does that happen?
Nothing is perfect, things go wrong in the world of mere mortals ? Its great to have a warranty. Does that work for you ?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Things happen Doc. But luckily the warranty takes care of them!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, thank god for the warranty.

It will take 10-14 days for the part to arrive and they will undergo the work.

In the mean time, it is embarrassing to go out in public, getting down from the car and having to manually lock a porsche, lol :D

·
Registered
2,792 Posts

In the mean time, it is embarrassing to go out in public, getting down from the car and having to manually lock a porsche, lol :D
10-14 days is good. Around here things sometimes take 2 months and numerous calls to show up.

Plus, I realize it "could" be embarrassing, but when the same "public" sees you out in your car, I think that more than makes up for it :D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts

"Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way"

Mack Davis(circa 1960 something):hilarious:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Haha, I detected a faulty rear spoiler in the Showroom when collecting my car! my first destination was the service center :( that was a test paper...

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
You should ask for a GT3 loaner while you wait on the part to arrive. :drivingskid:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You should ask for a GT3 loaner while you wait on the part to arrive. :drivingskid:
I wish, they have one in nordic gold and it's beautiful.

Wish I can afford a Gt3, maybe in a few years.

I'm still driving my car, will take it back once the part is in store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts