Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had driving around town doing a couple of errands in my 2007 Cayman S and stopped at the post office. Back to the car 5 minutes later, and tried to start, but I released the key before it fired. No big deal, turn the key again, and nothing, nada, zilch. Key won't come out. I sit there for about 90 seconds thinking what now? Tried again, and it fired right up. Drove home (10 minutes), and parked on driveway. Couple hours later, fired up with no problem and pulled into garage. What might have happened?

- Phil

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
In the rush to restart, did you remember to turn the key all the way to the left (counter clockwise to the 10 o'clock position) before trying to restart it?

It's a pretty common error. If you kicked the key back to the noon position the tried to restart (2 o'clock), the car won't do a thing.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the rush to restart, did you remember to turn the key all the way to the left (counter clockwise to the 10 o'clock position) before trying to restart it?

It's a pretty common error. If you kicked the key back to the noon position the tried to restart (2 o'clock), the car won't do a thing.
Could be...I don't remember. But, I put the car on a cTEK Multi US 3300 charger, and it has been "charging" (not maintaining) for about 2 hours now. :eek: That surprised me...I expected the battery to be at full charge. Does puttering around town really cause the battery to be discharged?

- Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.