Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to a New Year at Planet-9! As 2015 rolls in there is a lot going on under the hood of Planet-9.com and we should have some new things to roll out to our members very soon. I regret that my work on these things has taken me away from more active participation on the site as of late, but don't fret, I'll be jumping back into the fray soon enough. Speaking of coming back, we have a new moderator, long-time member HassaanAbdeen has stepped up to help moderate the site, specifically the 911 sections where he is seeking to drive more participation while waiting for his new 991 TT to arrive! On a more personal note I reached the half century mark in December, my how time flies, and I think I can now be classified as an "antique" and of course the AARP flyers have started arriving in the mail. I've also been battling a nasty cold while still continuing to search for my next job opportunity, speaking of which I thought I had landed one only to be told my skill set didn't match the skill set they needed, so of course I had to ask for clarification and sadly didn't receive any. If I were trying out for the position of quarterback but had defensive end skills I'd understand but everything they questioned me about during the interview I could do and then some. Frustrating to the Nth degree, especially when my son asks me if we are going to have to sell the Porsche. Let's hope 2015 is a better year and fast!

I am happy to report that my father is still with us and while he is mostly bedridden these days and receiving hospice care, he is as sharp as ever and very much enjoyed the early present I gave him back in October that is depicted in the following article that appears in this month's XK Gazette Magazine from the UK. That is a young Clint Eastwood on the cover working on a 1958 XK150. Please enjoy the article and if you click on the images you'll be taken to the image in our gallery which if you then click on the gallery image you will be shown the full size magazine page scan (in case anyone has a hard time reading the article given the image sizes below) Happy New Year Everyone!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Ken,

Thanks for your good whishes for 2015, really sorry to hear of the unfortunate experience while searching for a new job opportunity. Some companies are jerks in properly explaining their refusals ignoring that is part of a respectful and informed behaviour. Let´s sincerely hope that your Porsche or XK-140 (I have dreamed many years of owning an XK-120) will not be at stake. But, pride is a precious part of ones inventory as well.
I´m now off reading that article...
May things hopefully turn your way soon.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hey congratulations on setting the fasted road car lap in your Porsche Cayenne.:hilarious:

See everybody gets it wrong occasionally.

Cheers

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey congratulations on setting the fasted road car lap in your Porsche Cayenne.:hilarious:

See everybody gets it wrong occasionally.

Cheers
Yeah I saw that on the photo, but will cut them a little slack since they are Jaguar guys and classic Jags at that and probably don't keep up on newer Porsches. :)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Happy New Year Ken.

Awesome article and love the picture of your dad!

Sorry to hear about your job search experience, but having been in a similar situation in my late 40s some time ago, I can related how frustrating it can be. Especially since what they really say has nothing to do with skills, but their bottom-line (a fresh grad is not only cheaper in salary but healthcare cost and will be more likely working long hours). I hope you will find something soon!

·
Revhead
371 Posts
On a more personal note I reached the half century mark in December, my how time flies, and I think I can now be classified as an "antique" and of course the AARP flyers have started arriving in the mail.
Growing old is unavoidable; growing UP is entirely optional. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Best wishes for you and your family Ken. You really deserve it. We appreciate all your efforts here and no doubt you would have elevated their business, their loss. My hopes that your father got a kick out of the article.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts