Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the CaymanClub Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum sponsored by tirerack

The Tire Rack Team is very excited to sponsor the CaymanClub Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum. We know how important a role tires, wheels, brakes and suspension play in helping us enjoy our cars and view this as a fantastic opportunity to support other driving enthusiasts. As moderators, we hope to guide the discussion by reducing inaccuracies and providing helpful information. Our years of experience in this industry make us uniquely qualified for this role. We will do our best to answer questions and address concerns in the forum in a timely manner. If you are looking for an immediate response, please feel free to call our toll-free number (877-522-8473) or email one of our sales representatives directly.

(Please note that if you call in order for this site to get a commission credit you must mention that you were referred by www.caymanclub.net - clicking on a Tire Rack banner graphic will automatically get us credit if you order from the Tire Rack site after doing so.)

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Sorry K-Man. I just bought wheels and tires from the Tire Rack yesterday, but I did call and leave a message that the sale should be posted to the Cayman Club. I will call back when I can talk directly with Fred (my salesman) to make sure this happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across someone yesterday that has a set of Carrera S 19 inch wheels and tires for sale. The tires are235 35 zr 19 and 305 30 zr 19 and are N1 rated Michelin Pilot Sport with 400 miles. I presume they are too large for my Cayman S. I would appreciate receiving your comments before proceeding to estabish origin, etc. The price is right!
Looking forward to your response. Cayman 240

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
As a new Cayman S owner, I'm not too sure of whai options there are for tire width. I have the Carrera Classic 19" rims with 235's on front and 265's on the rear. I would like a wider tire on the rear, and I've heard of 275, 285 and even 305 widths. Which, if any of these will fit the Cayman S without causing problems? Would I have to also increase the width of the front tires to keep the handling solid?

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I am running 285/30ZR18 on the rear and 245/40ZR18 on the front (on 18" wheels), and my car is lowered with PSS9 suspension. I use spacers on the rear and I doubt if you can go very much wider on the front.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where would be a recommended place to buy spacers?

I've got a CCS with 19" carrera classics with stock tires 235 front 265 rear and i've heard that the correct spacers are 5 front and 15 rear.

I just ordered h&r springs 5 min ago from tirerack 54020.

Anybody have any spacer recommendations? Also, has anybody gone just with rear spacers and leave the front alone?

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Fred in Tirerack sales has been very helpful to me. When I bought my wheels and tires from Tirerack, Fred researched the various wheels/tire sizes and told me what spacers I would need, then included them with the order.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where would be a recommended place to buy spacers?

I've got a CCS with 19" carrera classics with stock tires 235 front 265 rear and i've heard that the correct spacers are 5 front and 15 rear.

I just ordered h&r springs 5 min ago from tirerack 54020.

Anybody have any spacer recommendations? Also, has anybody gone just with rear spacers and leave the front alone?

Hopefully you clicked on the banner ad here then went to their site and ordered, if so we get a commission for the site, if not, such as calling, we get nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Welcome to the CaymanClub Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum sponsored by tire

I am needing to order some tires and have seen The Tire Rack as a site sponsor. If I order from them through the website is there any type of discount I am eligible to receive. Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Tire Rack Team is very excited to sponsor the CaymanClub Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum. We know how important a role tires, wheels, brakes and suspension play in helping us enjoy our cars and view this as a fantastic opportunity to support other driving enthusiasts. As moderators, we hope to guide the discussion by reducing inaccuracies and providing helpful information. Our years of experience in this industry make us uniquely qualified for this role. We will do our best to answer questions and address concerns in the forum in a timely manner. If you are looking for an immediate response, please feel free to call our toll-free number (877-522-8473) or email one of our sales representatives directly.

(Please note that if you call in order for this site to get a commission credit you must mention that you were referred by www.caymanclub.net - clicking on a Tire Rack banner graphic will automatically get us credit if you order from the Tire Rack site after doing so.)
So how do we access this forum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Welcome to the CaymanClub Tire, Wheel, Brake & Suspension Forum sponsored by tire

I am needing to order some tires and have seen The Tire Rack as a site sponsor. If I order from them through the website is there any type of discount I am eligible to receive. Thanks

Tire Rack does not apply additional discounts, you are simply eligible for whatever their best deal is at the time. What they do is then support the website on the backend by sending us a commission based on how much you purchase through them, but that doesn't raise the price to you, it simply goes to helping support this site and keeping the lights on.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Squared setup on my 981 Base Box!!! The wheel:

Size:
19x8.5
Offset: 54mm
Backspacing: 6.81"
Bolt Pattern: 5-130
Rec. Tire Size: 235/40-19
Weight: 17.3lbs.
Finish: Anodized Silver
Construction: 1 Pc. Forged

Hi! I was wondering if you could help me, given the stats on the wheel I want to run front and back.
OEM offsets are FRONT 18x8 +57 REAR 18x9 +47 (I don't care that I'm losing .5" off the rear- this is just a commuter car)

Q#1. What size spacer would I need on the rears for an OEM fitment
Q#2. Is the OEM fitment paralell at the outside of the wheel, or aligned down the center from front to back, or neither- just plain wider at the back like a 911?
Thanks in advance!
Alfie~

·
Registered
5 Posts

Can I ask you what spacers did you on the Cayman on both the front and the rear?

·
Registered
5 Posts

Good Morning ArcticSilver: I was wondering what spacers did you use on the rear and front for your Cayman. What are the offsets on your front and rear rims? I am tiring to upgrade my rims and like the wider look. Can you help me please this may give me some clue in which way to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Goo d Morning PMHARTH: [HR][/HR] Did you get any response to your question on spacers and maximum width? I would love to know the out come. Regards Rafyr

·
Registered
315 Posts

Kman I wish I would of known this earlier, Just ordered tires last week.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Well one correction you'd need to tell them planet-9.com now. BTW you can call after placing your order and request that they give planet-9.com the credit for the referral.

Sent from my Galaxy Prime Windows Mobile 8.5 Phone via TapaTalk

1 - 19 of 28 Posts