Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've decided to set up a place for former Porsche Petes Boxster Board 986 Boxster owners to land and have a place to discuss their cars, needs, issues, etc. here on Planet-9. Please forward the link to this forum to any former Porsche Petes Boxster Board members that you know. We've tried to give them a familiar sounding place thanks to our own Pistol Pete!

Welcome All!
:cheers:

:gossip:

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well then discuss away! :)

Just to be clear, we already have sections for 987 Boxster and Cayman discussion so there was really only a need to add something more 986-specific and hence this forum, but more broadly there are certainly topics that can and will apply to both and feel free to discuss those.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the Pistol Pete connection....? I know Pete pretty well, and consider him a friend. Learning that he was a closet 986 expert sort of surprised me. ;)
Well it was either him or someone from OSU... :hilarious:

Pete just wanted the notoriety of having his own forum named after him. BTW I heard you were grilling out at a recent gathering, I could set up a new forum called "Gator Bites Goodies" and it could be our cooking channel show! :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just saw your new forum and looking forward to having more 986 topics.
thanks for the effort

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Where is the old Cayman Club?
Planet 9 IS the old Cayman Club! We just changed names to encompass more models than just the Cayman.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Where is the old Cayman Club?
The Cayman Club morphed into Planet Porsche, then to Planet-9. I believe there was stickiness with Porsche over the previous names. I guess they own the Cayman Islands too. Because they are still called the Cayman Islands. Curious, are there any real members here from the Cayman Islands?

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
The Cayman Club morphed into Planet Porsche, then to Planet-9. I believe there was stickiness with Porsche over the previous names. I guess they own the Cayman Islands too. Because they are still called the Cayman Islands. Curious, are there any real members here from the Cayman Islands?
Nothing has really changed, to me the name changing process was just a beat up. Words are a wonderful arrangement of letters which magically become meaningful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts