Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a part to one of my guys at an off site location yesterday and a van in front of me kicked up a bolt. Dead center of the passenger side windshield. I researched the forums and I've decided to let Safelite fill it for now. Everyone said keep the factory windshield as long as possible. I have a very good shop locally that will install a new one if I can find it. Their source does not carry the Cayman windshield. I'll see how the fill goes and how distracting it is. It really just stinks after all the work getting this thing on the road and less than two months this happens.

IMG_4320.JPG

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh man, that sucks :(

I have had good luck with the Safelite fills in the past. Did one on my 964 and it was practically invisible.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
sorry to hear about this - did it go all the way through? it looks like there's a hole there.
i too had a windscreen incident within a few months of ownership..

worst case scenario, don't be afraid to replace the windscreen. if you get an experienced crew they should be able to do a good job.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Running a part to one of my guys at an off site location yesterday and a van in front of me kicked up a bolt. Dead center of the passenger side windshield. I researched the forums and I've decided to let Safelite fill it for now. Everyone said keep the factory windshield as long as possible. I have a very good shop locally that will install a new one if I can find it. Their source does not carry the Cayman windshield. I'll see how the fill goes and how distracting it is. It really just stinks after all the work getting this thing on the road and less than two months this happens.

View attachment 67189
well at least it was the windshield and not a big ole dent/scratch in the fender or hood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tech just left. He said since it just happened yesterday there was less chance of contamination and would be more clear. Excellent job!!! I have not had it out in the sun yet but it looks 80% better.
IMG_4321.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts