Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Loved my 981 CS
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire

but a few weeks ago, I feel in love with the idea of getting back into a manual

so.....I decided to put my 981 on the block and start looking for a 6MT

well, as you may know....6MT's are getting harder and harder to find, so I expanded my search to include the 718, but the 6MT versions are still few and far between....
I did get lucky a couple weeks ago and found the my local dealership had both a 981 CS and a 2019 2.5T GTS, both with 6MT....after getting thrown the keys, I got to take them out for a spirited test drive without the salesman.
Well.....it wasn't even close, I was sold on the 718. The instant torque of the turbo was grin inducing and although it doesn't sound as great as the flat six from outside the car, the sound form the cockpit was quit nice.

This isn't a debate thread about which one is better, it's just one mans opinion and what I ultimately decided to do.

I ended up finding a low mile CPO base 718 6MT in graphite blue metallic with some nice specs and sold my 981 on 6/3 ... was on a plane to Tucson by 6/9 to pick up my latest Cayman..... haven't stopped grinning since:D

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love that color. Congrats!
thanks!

yeah, I saw the ad and liked the color, then I had the salesman send me a walk around video and was instantly obsessed with it....I was actually having some of that dreaded doubt when I landed and the salesman picked me up to take me to the dealership to finally see it in person that I wouldn't like it....Luckily it was the exact opposite that happened when we rolled up and I saw it live and in person in their outdoor showroom ....I was trying to hide my excitement :love:

I can't stop taking pics and I love how much the color changes depending on the environment and where the sun is.
I stopped in the middle of the desert on the way home out in Ocotillo Wells with no other car in sight and got out to take a pic and was amazed that it looked completely different from when I picked it up a few hours earlier.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel, I have a PDK 981 CS and am thinking of getting something else with a manual transmission. Sometimes I lean towards a 987 CS, sometimes I lean towards a 981 BS. The 718 gen is really great (especially in comparison to the 981), but it's a bit out of my price range right now. In the end I want more driver interaction (manual transmission) and more sound (maybe a Boxster would provide more than a Cayman).

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S
20 Posts
I watched your exhaust vids - thank you for being one of the factors for me getting a Soul Performance exhaust for my 981 BS. I absolutely love it!
so...what are your plans for this one?Any other mods you looking at?:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts